New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

@Ackermann did use one.
I have one too but the adapter is smaller because I using a duct too…

1 Like

Thanks! I ended up finding this one with a duct that is currently printing: Fr 2019 motor system - #541 by michion - Propulsion System (Motor, Gears) - FOIL.zone

Same with my setup. Also got the flier esc

Ok, why are Flipsky, Maytech, Reacher all claiming different power ratings for the 65161?
They must be aware by now, we know they are all the same motor. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, which KV would you recommend? 100 KV or 120 KV or even as high as 195 KV
Or are there other alternatives for a “simple” direct drive besides the 65161… The 80100 is powerful but sadly not waterproof and the FR motor is great but expensive.

Because people are lazy and just put up the specs without thorough testing themselves. It wouldn’t surprise me if maytech still claim theirs are better than the others.

120kv is the best bet at this stage. The 195kv should be fast enough to run a smaller surface prop like a 110mm cleaver, but I’m not sure if it has the power…

The FR motor you get what you pay for. Quality wise it’s leaps and bounds ahead!

This is no black and white. From my knowledge I think like this

• FR, high price, high quality, high power
  • 83100, you better take 63100. Cheap, waterproofing is no rocket science, vast field experience, motor can take 150amp at 12s enabled ng fast setups (42 km/h max which I know)
  • 65161, better go 120kv to have FR prop well suited. Unfortunately so far not many ppl share their experience, what kind of stress they apply. I am running 100kv, with my new prop I can stress the motor with 100amp at 12s achieving around 36km/h

Regards

120KV seems to be what most people chose. Also watch out you get the threaded shaft. They are on special offer on BG at the moment. If you can get a 10% or even 20% voucher, you can get one for an attractive price.

Referring to my post, I would appreciate more logs for inrunner motors. Here is my log, 2blade prop on 100kv. I think Prop diameter is 160, pitch 7".

Ich changed to three blade version at 14:33

1 Like

Are the motors really the same?
Measuring on the test bench?
Under the same conditions?
I doubted whether it was about the quality of the stator lech, the winding quality, wire thickness, ball bearings, magnets, etc.
Too many possibilities to change one or the other product, to manufacture it cheaper or to improve it.
Greetings Frank

Maytech also offers a new splined shaft

Which prop were you using?
And do you prefer the two or three bladed one?
I´d like to test different props 3d printed out of Polycarbonat.

I am used to three blade (FR) so the 2blade felt weird at first. Also the prop from the log was only balanced but not smoothed at all. I have prepared now a sanded one, let’s see the difference. Prop was designed with help of @V_S, still u need to match your print outputs to fit motor shaft.

From 20:09 - 20:12 is full duty madness. Results are good. Looking forward to test it on new wing. The setup is getting more and more where I want it to be. Thanks to prop king @V_S
170mm Diameter; little bit more than 7inch pitch

2 Likes

Hello guys,
are this prop the same as called Yamaha?

Hi.

Has this prop you’re talking about by @V_S been shared?

I’d be interested in trying it if so.

:call_me_hand:

still in the testing phase (with 100kV)

4 Likes

Got a well balanced and polished version finished. Maybe I can test today

2 Likes

Thx for sharing the prop!

What’s material is the best to print?

I print common PLA , 6 Perimeter 60% infill and no Support.
Printing slow makes sure, you success with the blade Tips