New 200A Vesc based Flipsky ESC

Great succes tonight, worked like a charm! Had 25-30mins on the water, Learning to crawl om the efoil. Best feeling Ever - so addictive! Think i foiled for 2 seconds, so wierd everything goes silent. :smiley:

you never forget the first time silence, I can still remember mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fixed my cutoff issue.

Motor current set to 160A.
Battery Current set to 100A.
Absolute current limit set to 200A.

I monitored the real time current plot in the VESC software while testing motor in my pool. At full throttle motor current is limited to APPROXIMATELY 160A but there are occasional spikes to about 170A. I think these spikes were tripping the absolute current limit and causing a hard stop. For the record, at full throttle (stationary in a pool) motor current is 160A (as set my max motor current limit) and battery current is about 80A. I held wide open throttle like this for probably 30 seconds. FET temp hit about 70 degrees. i have closed loop water cooling to a heat exchanger that happened to be out of the water during this test. Nothing seemed to get overly hot.

I dont plan to run anywhere near 160A motor current for very long but having a little extra comes in handy when getting up on to the foil. Once foiling i probably use around 80-90A motor current or about 45-50A battery.

VESC’s are so cool!

6 Likes

Hi!

I saw Flipsky did the 200A/75V VESC now FSESC75200. Did anyone order/try it?

L

Hello guys, on Bang + coupons this controller available now for ~165$.
I see messages that water cooling enclosure is leaking in some pieces.
And that some current limitation required.
Any additional problems with this controller?
What limitations will be applied for FLIPSKY ESC user? - for example compatible only with Flipsky controller, bluetooth adapter, etc?

Hello guys, someone of you asking where I get Flipsky for 165$ https://www.banggood.com/Flipsky-High-Current-FSESC-200A-60V-ESC-base-on-VESC6-for-E-foilers-Underwater-Products-p-1476019.html

1. You must have Banggood account, or ask my ref link, lol
  2. Go to Change points to coupons
  3. Change 200 points to 20% coupon (BE CAREFUL with the list of categories it could be applied)
  4. Add controller while it on sale for 196$
  5. Apply coupon and you got near 165$
    flipsky
  6. Don’t forget that Banggood support is sucks
  7. Due #6 always use shipping insurance for any valuable orders - it will gain you +20 luck to get your money back if something goes wrong
5 Likes

Can anyone with this 200A VESC send me some sizes? Mine is still on its way. I checked online but not so sure about those measurements. if anyone can give me the size’s of the box and the stick out of the water outlets that would be great. I can continue designing and 3D print my waterproof box that needs to be epoxyed into the board.

size of aluminium case:86x73x29
water outlets are 16 on one side and 18 on the other

btw this is my second unit, first leaked through the bottom screws - not working anymore (bottom screw holes lead without any protection right into the interior electronics, rust started appearing inside water cooling hose:), got replacement from BG and now it leaks around ALL water outlets, what a joke! Sealed it with plumbing teflon thread, tomorrow first test ride with new ESC and motor but I don´t have my hopes high.

Had to seal mine with Teflon too…this is a common issue

Hey Kubais. Thanks for the reply and sizes. And guess what mine came in today 🤷🏼. I double checked about the screws but they seem to be made in blind holes. So leaking to the internals is impossible. What could have happened in your case is just rusty hose connectors since they are made of steel. What caused it to stop working i have no idea.

Going to reseal the lid with b7000 and buy some brass hose connectors and use some Teflon on the thread.

Hey. Glad to help.
I cannot be 100% sure since I could not open the lid but from what I have seen those screw holes were damn deep and I could see “something” differently colored on the bottom - but that was peeping though 2mm hole :slight_smile:

I went today for test ride with new ESC and new motor and as expected - no action in the water - motor was just staggering :frowning: Than huge storm came in and I had to evacuate. Now at home doing everything possible to find out what was the problem - after 2 hrs I remembered common problem in with mini quads and outrunners - it´s enough that one mount screw is just touching windings and motor is not running, just staggering. One screw was 5mm longer than others :slight_smile:

Hi, i have some questions concerning this VESC. I just plugged it for the first time. I set up everything in vesc tool but i noticed something weird : i’m doing absolutely nothing (remote is disconnected) and the temperature is raising. It went from 25°C to 50°C in approx 15-20 minutes, is it normal ?

Also another problem is that i have a fault (2 times out of 3) when i press the throttle : ABS_OVER_CURRENT.So the motor just makes a noise and won’t start spinning. Did i miss something ?

Thanks

Motor consume more than 1A in idle, so I think some load is ok. But don’t forgot cooling it!

I’m learning more of vesc and I like it.but indeed it is not plug and play.

Now I’m stuck with the following . At about 60% throttle it goes from 0 to 95% power. Any ideas how to adjust this ? I played with some settings but nothing helps. Also I can not run the motor if vesc tool is not loaded. It must be connected to the pc and software. See video for the power issue

For land test go with duty cycle control and not current control. However in water current control seems to be preferred by many drivers.

Duty cycle did not do anything different. You mean that the motor goes from zero to full throttle this fast is because of load?

@Louis
Duty control rpm will proportional to trigger play
Current control it is proportional to load , so in air test full rpm is achieved very fast

Check yours endpoints on throttle calibration signal
To get a full play all the trigger from zero to 100% = vesc signal from 0-95%

Check settings such as , no reverse no brake , no reserse…
Which remote do you use ? Pid speed control on the video ?

€ 25,31 45%OFF | Nieuwe Collectie Waterdichte Afstandsbediening Voor Elektrische Skateboard Jet Vliegtuigen Ejector Voor Longboard Skate Board Scooter Accessoires
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUq5dqr

This i have.

I tried all kinds of settings. It spins so fast.it is not adjustable. But when mapping the remote you see the bar going smooth from zero to full also at the video

Yes but it is in pid speed control mode , duty doesn’t move at first
Endpoints seems correct
Duty cycle no reverse ( apply and write of course )

Yes I have it and I ran it on test bench… It works well so far… Will test in the sea day after tomorrow on 13s.

The good thing is both bldc and foc modes work on it while on the trampa vesc I was only able to run foc (which is anyway the nicest mode…).