My 3 month build

yes 32 pounds, he has enough power to carry two people (140 kg + efoil)
the main problem with weight is when you really start using it a lot and it starts to bother to carry it
for long distances all the time in parts or two people

1 Like

the damage is worse than I thought

the foil was cracked
all the way exactly in the middle
front crack open, crack on both sides
It is a difficult place to make a repair
How do you fix it?
need to make room in Carbon and then wrap in a carbon cloth?
how many layers?
or just make it thicker?

[red flange]
(3-P-CHIEF-Flansch für RS-E 260rot eloxiert)

1 Like

This video might be helpful. At 6:30 minutes he talks about cracks all the way thru. There are a bunch on YouTube about “how to repair a crack in carbon fiber.”

the crack is large and open, and there is a big movement all along
this is a constructive patch and just a coating will not help

Ahh…no you are right…it won’t. And heavy layers will change the shape of the wing. Can you order just that front wing from the seller or is the whole foil one piece?

I can only order the wing but then where’s the fun
working with new materials is a new challenge

That’s the spirit! I’m with you 100% :slight_smile: Several on this site have made their entire foil from scratch.

1 Like

Can You please confirm what mast size did you use?

In the description says that mast size can be customised

the mast size is 78 cm , maybe I’ll try even longer, part of the fun is to fly slowly and as high as possible ,more interesting.
It’s very easy and with a big wing, I can easily play with the height so that the propeller comes out of the water for second without disturbing too much on the flight ,
pressing lightly with the back foot and you continue as usual

Thanks for the infromation :slight_smile:

I am starting to make a plan to build a electric hydrofoil and i need to consider all the variables

1 Like

waterproof case the most simple thing there is
If I had parts of PVC and glue then it would have been easier
at the moment, it opens for the purpose of igniting and charging,
when a wireless charging receiver arrives, I will also connect a magnetic switch to turn on and off
suitable for right and left hand

9 Likes

I also thought about doing this, but didn’t think the thumb throttle would work with the other control board. Did you make any changes to get it to work?

just cut and salt 3 wires , that is all

That’s awesome! I expected some trickery somewhere but now I’ll order the parts ASAP! Thanks

Hi, Can you pleas share an electrical Diagram? What are the components ans the way there connected

there is a list of parts below

HI, Sorry but i am not able to see the list. Can you send a print screen?

i do not have a diagram that can not do anything but cut three wires and connect the thumb throttle
connect reed switch to a power switch
connect the wireless charging receiver to the charging socket on the remote control

Hi,

Sorry for being annoying with this but my knowledge in electrical subjects is very low. From your last comment i cannot understand how to assemble the electrical circuit.

You have posted a picture with all the electrical competes above.

Could you please identify with arrows all the components in this picture ? What components are you cooling ? You are using water right? Why are you not cooling the battery?

Best Regards,

João Rebelo