MP70131 anyone tried

Thanks a million! Motor ordered and new powersupply coming for 3d printer - be a while but I’ll keep you updated! Appreciate it!

20S equals 80volts when charged,
This can KILL you in wet conditions

2 Likes

FYI, the holes in the front of the motor mount part are for M4 inserts (insert with soldering iron): McMaster-Carr
Those holes should be qualified to 5mm dia. prior to insertion.

This certainly appears to be identical to the MP70131 100kV unit I am using.

You do not need 24 cells unless you also need 5.3kW.

Although I am foiling on 12 cells (I am 145 lbs, although it has foiled with up to 180 lbs), when I build a new pack it will be 13s or 14s cells. I want more power margin in headwinds, chop, and low battery. My system currently requires about 58 amps to get up on the foil (2.8kW), and 40-45 amps to maintain speed once foiling (1.8kW). This is with a 2-blade, 7" x 10" thin APC E type model airplane prop (cut down from 16"). I expect continued prop optimization will further reduce power requirements.

4 Likes

Just getting my build together. This is how I’m attaching to the mast. Have to say I’m a bit nervous about attaching via a thin ring. Hope to do some tests in a tank soon.

2 Likes

Prop update:

Now that I can log rpm, I see this prop is not letting the motor get up to max power output speed (~50% of no-load speed, it runs at 1750 rpm but should be at least 2300 rpm under max load).

The best performing prop is now a 5.8" diameter x 8.5" pitch, cut down from a similar 14" APC thin E type prop. Still not satisfied with low battery, fresh water performance though (12 cells). Foils at 36-38 amps, 2250 rpm.

1 Like

Is that a inflatable board? Where did you purchase that?

It’s just an irocker sup that I put together a power kit for. Not planning on using it for the efoil… Just happened to be sitting there in the pic.

Hi. Same motor here but I can’t find any prop suitable. Can you share your prop files?

Tks

Hi, I can’t find any propeller project to print. Could you share yours?

Best regards

This was 142-216 from MaB in props share thread. 142_216.sldprt - Google Drive . I modified the solid works model to get the pin and shaft to fit this motor. I apologize, but I’m traveling and dont have access to the modified file. Will post that end of the week when I get back.

3 Likes

Which kV motor do you have and how much voltage are you planning for?

Thank you! This is exactly what I’m looking for!!!

1 Like

My motor is a 100KV version and the battery is 16S.

Marcio,

Here are links to a 5.5" dia prop and cone that fit this motor and that I believe should be appropriate for your kV and battery voltage…

3 Likes

Thanking you!!! Cant wait to get my bed levelling issues sorted and get back printing now!

Marcio,

It occurs to me that I have at least two props (ABS) that might work well for your set-up, including the one I recommended (they were too small for 12 cells), are you interested in buying either of them from me? They are of course cheap and easy to print, but they take a few hours of sanding, filling, priming, & painting to get a good smooth & hard finish on them, so it would save you that effort.

John

1 Like

I got one printed last week. Will test in a few days.

Thank you anyway

Hey guys, Im about to hook up my flipsky 200A FSESC to my MP70131 but I just wanna check do you need to connect it in a specific way?

Motor cables have no markings. ESC cables have no markings. Does it matter how its connected up?

Slingle line isnt specific either

Nope, it doesn’t matter. You may even reverse the rotation by switching 2 wires or directly on the software :slight_smile:

1 Like