Michion's Build

Ah yep sweet, cheers for that info.

nice!!
what brand and type of batteries you have used?

I use two of these 52V 25Ah with Samsung INR1865035E cells. The only seller on aliexpress that I trust. People will say that you cant trust batteries from china, but those are the same people who wont do the work to find a reputable one.

They can pretty much make any size or configuration you want.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32806835246.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4duFqO1O

4 Likes

Super neat!! Love the clean order of your battery box!
One question: how did you manage to remove the mast from the board (disconnect cables but keep box watertight)?

I have a silicone seal built into the board that gets compressed when the mast is clamped down.

I dont have a photo of that. Ill get one next time it comes off.

Thank you! I’m trying to figure out a practical way to mount/remove the mast without the flying cables I had so far…

Hi.

I love your build. Turned out super clean.

I love the 14s14p battery I built. You think that’s too much battery? How much does your total battery weigh? 20lbs?

I love getting 1h20m ride time and +18 miles of range.

Cutting the battery down to half would save about 10 lbs maybe. But then I’d only have 45m ride times and about 8 miles of range. Not sure it’s worth the weight savings in my opinion.

:call_me_hand:

My seal setup. Still a bit of a pain to install. Not as easy as I was hopeing. I’m going to redesign this.

4 Likes

sucha clean and beautiful work! I wish I could do like that

did you create an STL file for your mold?

Sorry don’t have an STL for that.

There’s also the Flying Rodeo original solution here for two-screw (Axis) masts but that could be split in two parts for Naish/Gong three-screw masts

Plate with seal 190212

I don’t think its available to buy. Only comes with FR or Lift boards as far as I know.

Any link?

No link, just as food for thought as molding silicone could be not so difficult with 3D printed molds like @visor360 does for wings.

I tried to buy this from FR. no go. So im going to make my own from molding silicon.

Here is a simple one i made.

I used this product:
https://www.amazon.es/WAGNERSIL-calidad-caucho-silicona-duplicaci%C3%B3n/dp/B01703HDWW/ref=b2b_nav_d_bia_1/260-1839122-2949742?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01703HDWW&pd_rd_r=cbf02099-955b-4199-bb02-eaf36511ef79&pd_rd_w=pEyeZ&pd_rd_wg=TZ19y&pf_rd_p=a54e6e8e-6d98-4d8c-bc95-8c30c6c1dffb&pf_rd_r=C11V769G730JRH1R6FZS&psc=1&refRID=C11V769G730JRH1R6FZS

1 Like

I just bought a similar product and printed a mold. Do u use any mold release?

1 Like

It popped right out perfectly. no release agent used. a tiny bit was missing as i had left some water in the mold. (i filled it with water to gauge how much silicon to mix)

Cool, thanks. Will try the same

@michion

Fantastic & clean work on your build(s)…

I love the screw idea, but have concerns they could be painful. Have you hurt yourself or drawn any blood from them, being raised above the surface? It looks like it could catch the skin pretty easily. I’m curious about the results in practice. The 100% water tight, positive air pressure is amazing!

Thanks