Maytech remote!

@nice2cu Yes. That’s what I’ve been using for testing. But, I don’t have a working board yet.

I received the V2 this morning. Not tested het but looks great so far. Couple of pics for anyone interested.

1 Like

Hi guys. Just ordered one of these for the black friday promotion that Maytech has going on. Ive read all the mixed reviews but decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I plan to run this with my Flier 400 ESC but am really intrigued by the options that running a vesc would open up with this thing. Specifically current, voltage and temp monitoring. I had a couple questions.

-would it be possible to tie some type of data monitor into the maytech receiver to allow it to transmit current and a numeric battery voltage display?

-I noticed there is terminal on the receiver to hook to the battery positive. Can you only monitor battery voltage through the bars on the side of the display or is it possible to so a numeric voltage display so i know exactly what my voltage is?

• Im not concerned with motor temp since im running an open 80100 but it would be really cool if i could get temperature feedback from my batteries inside my electronics enclosure. Anyone know how this could be done? I dont imagine its as simple as plugging in a thermistor or something into the receiver. It looks like there is a 3 pin connection and some special type of digital communications protocol between the VESC and the receiver.

• How cool would it be if you could set up sometype of moisture alarm in your battery/esc enclosure that would send the remote an alarm signal if it sensed water was leaking in?!

on vesc controller there are pins where you can plug a CTN resistor (10k ?) , you will be able to display temp named “motor temp” but you can put the sensor anywhere you want, but you need to use a vesc

1 Like

Would be cool, but you need to go down the DIY route and program 2 Arduino, NRF24 with external antenna on the bow, some basic sensors for temp and current…maybe a GPS integrated on a real waterproof remote… there are many plans on this forum, especially with ESCs a programmable remote will allow for supersmooth throttle ramp and response.
A little more time consuming than buy off the shelf but doable, stimulating and educative.
I ran 2 years on DIY remote, not a drop into it, it floats with no need for ridiculous armband, next season wish to be ready with v2 with OLed display, gps and battery feedback… Will share as usual.

1 Like

can be used underwater?

Highly recommended:

or wait a few weeks for a more cost effective and likely better waterproofness and electronics :

I had exactly the same issue. My previous receiver also needed a 5v power supply.
To test if the maytech receiver was alive, i connected the ground from ubec to GND and the power to 5V. Now I was able to pair the remote.

Now I sliced the ESC leads and combined them with the SBEC, but now my receiver seems to have died! noting happens, also when I simply connect the 5v and gnd to the ubec…

Could somebody share their setup? I use a Flier boat 320A and the MTSKR1905WF.
@Eileen , is there a way to reset my receiver and check if it is still alive?
@Flightjunkie, how did you connect this to your flier?

My screen Died on my V2 remote. Anybody knows the reference for this screen ?
Thanks !

Hi.

Yes. You need a BEC.

The 5v must be supplied to both the receiver and the Flier ESC through the red PPM wire. You also must have common ground with PPM black wire.

Check this. Lmk.

:call_me_hand:

Someone broke their screen and found a replacement. The link was posted. Maybe you can find it.

1 Like

Thank you guys, I’m dealing with Maytech to know if they can send me the screen + cables directly.

1 Like

Please let us know what they say. I’d like to buy a screen to.

:call_me_hand:

Maytech refused 4 months ago with a pretty lame excuse. Let’s see if they have made some progress:

Using V2 remote with Hifei Swordfish Pro 300A (lite) 4-15s ESC. In “Surfboard” mode, the motor doesn’t spin up until the throttle is at 50-100%. I tried the transmitter throttle/brake calibration several times, but it didn’t help. How can I get the engine running from 1-100% throttle?

In “esk8” mode, the motor will start running 1-100%. The only advantage of having “Surfboard” mode is cruise control.

Thanks.

Remote calibration is only for remote itself to calibrate the joystick.
does your ESC have throttle calibration? If yes, do the calibration with remote in Esurf mode according to the ESC manual. Then it will work.

Maytech did waterproof upgraded on MTSKR1905WF remote, now better waterproof performance, see below how is it upgraded:

Order them from below link:

On Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971538055.html?spm=5261.ProductManageOnline.0.0.6b194edfV1WC6a

On Maytech website:
https://maytech.cn/collections/speed-controllers-and-remotes/products/mtskr1905wf-ip67-waterproof-esk8-esurf-remote

I bought the 1905WF about a year ago, both last summer and this summer I have had quite a lot of connection issues when I start. I am using it to control a tow boogie so I am about 8-10m from the receiver. I notice that I get much more stable connection if I shorter the distance but I would prefer a longer line to the boogie. I have tried to find out what the expected range is on these but no information.

Anyone have had similar problems? Anyone tried mounting an external antenna on the remote as well?