Maytech remote!

Yes. Works good.You need to waterproof the prints, as they are leaking a little. The best, it is still floating. Only the throttle response is not as smooth as with a vr. Maybe another choice of magnets might change that.
If anybody is interested, I can send the 3d files.

2 Likes

yes, very interested - If you don’t mind :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11eT9I4hY9O63BApdrQ00mcad1hdEeWKx?usp=sharing

here are the files as STL and parasolid in case you want to change something

2 Likes

How much of a discount did you get off this remote?

We bought 3. I don’t remember the discount amount. But, they are pretty good about knocking a bit off if you buy more then one. Email them and ask.

@Vicdes2 received this one:

1 Like

Was looking for some jet parts on MHZ website and saw this :

https://www.mhz-watercraft.com/shop/en/supplies/673/hand-control-radio-control-radio-remote-control-waterproof?c=112

Looks pretty familiar right ?

3 Likes

How do you find the trampa remote? Any good?
What are you doing to waterproof it?

The Trampa remote is actually made by Maytech. Not very good for efoil. The thumb throttle is just too small and it is not waterproof, obviuosly. It fits nicely in a sexual rubber seal however. Which is what I did for waterproofing. I ended up buying the maytech waterproof remote instead. Expensive but worth it in the long run. I just got tired fiddeling with the homemade options.

I’m guessing you using the older trampa remote, not the new one?

Can anyone offer any feedback on the v2 maytech remote waterproofing? Is it holding up ok.

1 Like

I have one without the cruse control. So maybe its a V1. I like it. Never had any problems with it. made about 30 flights total in fresh water.

https://www.trampaboards.com/maytech-rechargable-remote-control--receiver--thumb-controlled-p-24603.html

That’s the old one! Trampa launched a new vesc remote called the WAND! If anybody has it, please share your experience with it!

I just got a real brand new maytech V2 which is not too bad… I’ll give you feedback quickly…

2 Likes

Dose that remote work with an Flier 400A Boat ESC together?

@nice2cu Yes. That’s what I’ve been using for testing. But, I don’t have a working board yet.

I received the V2 this morning. Not tested het but looks great so far. Couple of pics for anyone interested.

1 Like

Hi guys. Just ordered one of these for the black friday promotion that Maytech has going on. Ive read all the mixed reviews but decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I plan to run this with my Flier 400 ESC but am really intrigued by the options that running a vesc would open up with this thing. Specifically current, voltage and temp monitoring. I had a couple questions.

-would it be possible to tie some type of data monitor into the maytech receiver to allow it to transmit current and a numeric battery voltage display?

-I noticed there is terminal on the receiver to hook to the battery positive. Can you only monitor battery voltage through the bars on the side of the display or is it possible to so a numeric voltage display so i know exactly what my voltage is?

• Im not concerned with motor temp since im running an open 80100 but it would be really cool if i could get temperature feedback from my batteries inside my electronics enclosure. Anyone know how this could be done? I dont imagine its as simple as plugging in a thermistor or something into the receiver. It looks like there is a 3 pin connection and some special type of digital communications protocol between the VESC and the receiver.

• How cool would it be if you could set up sometype of moisture alarm in your battery/esc enclosure that would send the remote an alarm signal if it sensed water was leaking in?!

on vesc controller there are pins where you can plug a CTN resistor (10k ?) , you will be able to display temp named “motor temp” but you can put the sensor anywhere you want, but you need to use a vesc

1 Like