Hi everyone, I am back in the shop putting an efoil together, this time VESC based and with @Peter’s motor. Very promising. More details soon. So I received the v2 remote and I have trouble with the VESC UART communication to display data on the remote (V, A, Temp). If I connect another UART device (my Metr Bluetooth module) to my VESC, data comes accross fine so my VESC UART seems to work. The PWM signal works, I can spin the motor. But I really want to see data on the remote, hope there is just something I am doing wrong.
Here are my settings:
My wiring: 5 wires connected to the receiver from my VESC, circled in red below (PWM, 5V, GRD, RX, TX). No other connections so far:
My VESC Tool Settings:
My Maytech v2 settings on remote:
- Thr. Mode Control mode - Surfboard
- Batt. Type Main battery type - 3.7V
- Batt. Ser Num Main battery Series Number - 12
- Pair Pair remote and receiver - done
- Calibration Remote throttle calibration - done
- Speed Source Speed source - VESC
- Motor Poles Motor pole pairs - 6
- Wheel Dia. Wheel diameter - NA
- Gear Ratio =Wheel pulley/motor pulley - 1
- Dist. Unit Distance and Speed unit - km
- VESC Thr. VESC throttle control type - None (I tried Current too, I can still spin up the motor but still no other data is displayed, therefore I am wondering if the “current” setting really controls the VESC via UART or still does PWM)
Here is the v2 manual Eileen mailed me.
Did anyone have luck getting UART data across? Any idea what I am doing wrong?
BTW, once I get data on the remote I would really also like to use my Metr bluetooth in parallel to log data. I saw this UART splitter project here. Thoughts?