Maxime_ecn slow build / TP4070-V1 / Reisenauer 6:1 / 12S li-ion / VESC 100A / Horue Foil

Thanks for your answers. I will try at 90 and cut it if it’s too long :blush:

Beware that the thread is often 3/5 cm long on each side of the mast. So cutting = making 2 or 3 new threads.
Never seen one: could you post a pict of the Horue mast airfoil section with chord length;max thickness and screw hole distance :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not a horue mast, bought it from ebay at a very good price : https://www.ebay.fr/itm/113672072772
see the link for specs.
They also make the black part to fix the mast to the board for 77€ (they have an efoil version with 3 holes for the motor cables)
The brand is RLboards you can contact them on facebook

1 Like

By 'Black part to fix to the mast" I suppose you mean the plate.
49 then 45€ is really a very good price for such a long mast. Gong is 79€ for such a length but their plate cost 29€. So mast + plate price are comparable for both manufacturers.
How much did they ask for the shipping from DE ?

It is very interesting to follow the evolution between 2017 until now… they have inserted a ‘I beam’. They offer a high wall thickness comparable to Axis masts.
[Edit] Thanks V_S for mast and wall thickness of this RL Wind version.

15mm as shown, Wallthickness ist 3mm +0-0,1

1 Like

Yes the plate sorry :joy:
Yes it’s cheaper than what you can find on aliexpress etc. I think it’s a great source for efoil parts.
For the mast shipping was free because i have a friend in germany (i’m living in France really close to the border).
For the plate i paid 12€ shipping to Germany and they were asking 22€ to France.
If i remember the mast was sent directly from Czech republic.

The 45€ deal for a 90cm doesn’t seem to be available any more.
Looking at the FB page.

Maybe an old stock…

Just received some nice CNC parts from China. My build is slowly making progress :blush:

7 Likes

Looks great!!! Glad to see it’s taking shape.

who do you use , runsom?

I used SuNPe, it was 164usd with express shipping included to France

Where do you send your s tuff for CNC? I am looking for some reasonable CNC service

Will the motor be touching the outer casing? You will need it to in order shed heat.

Yes everything is touching the tube, nice and flush :

Total weight of the foil mast motor and cables is 6.5kg, and the center of gravity is almost on the mast center, it’s well balanced, sounds good !

2 Likes

Hey guys i need an advice on ESC choice. Flipsky have some nice esc but i don’t know what to choose:

First choice https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/seal-300a-60v-esc-for-surfboard-e-foiler-board

Second choice https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/high-current-fsesc-200a-60v-base-on-vesc6

I think the first one is a bit overkill for my motor setup (300A), and the second one is 200A but much more compact (58x80x15mm VS 84x146x35.3mm),so easier to fit in my build. What do you think ?

The 200A esc is a VESC based - ESC, so it is a lot more configurable. Also, you will be able to have live data and data logging via bluetooth modules such as metr.at. Pretty cool if you want to know exactly what happens during a run or if you want to optimize a setup/propeller.
But you need watercooling if you want to be able to get on the foil.
The 300A one is not as “safe” for the motor as the VESC. If you don’t use the proper parameter it is more likely to fry the motor. It should be able to withstand more amps though.

Thanks for your answer ! i will take the vesc based model because i want to be able to change parameters and use it time to time on another project.
After my efoil project i will work on an electrical wake/ski winch like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr2-DdBsqFw)

My goal is to use my efoil battery and controller so i just have to buy an ebike hub motor

1 Like

Pretty cool project !
If you buy the 200A Flipsky VESC, your setup needs to be quite optimized. It needs active cooling (using a pump) and the proper propeller and foils so that you don’t waste too much power and thus increase the amps…
But appart from that, I’ve tried it and it’s as great as the Vescs on my electric skateboard.

Yes of course it’s going to be watercooled. Here is the water intake :

I will wrap this part with carbon fiber, it’s going to be nice :blush: Hopefully it’s going to pump enough water