Jet Propulsion?

Nice one, that sounds epic! I’ll be buying one off you when they come out then :wink:

1 Like

we looked at a large twin 80mm jet system , bought the motors and dual esc but in the end the overall weight, size and even power was pointless. so we are trying a single prop now.

1 Like

If you want to tow pple and have lots of low end torque you need prop and reduction gear. You will never get the power you need with a jet drive for that. Don’t bother with jet FoilSurfer.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have to research a reduction gear that’s space friendly. Can’t fully see that option yet but yeah for keeping the rpm down, correct?

yet larger prop provides much more thrust, but you need more torque and lower rpms. That means reduction gear.

Hi Ignacio

I was wondering which motor are you using? what is the KV?

Unfortunately, the jet propulsion is a dead end. It has half the efficiency and is therefore not suitable for e-foil.

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider it a dead end! there is a commercially built foil on the market that uses jet propulsion and plenty of jet-boards!

thats like saying jet airplanes are a dead end :smile:

1 Like

well, i’d get stuck in that kind of dead end any day: www.esurf.com

5 Likes

I wish I would have bought the esurf instead of my jetsurf. The esurf looks very light and nimble.

Dont ever buy a jetsurf, from first hand experience, they are unreliable and a money pit.

btw, I re-designed my Flyingfishfoil and opted for a larger inlet which seems to be pushing more water now.

@Mat. Nice board, and perfect carbon work!
Do you really run 410 Amps at max output?

It’s not mine :slight_smile: … it’s just a good example of a working jet … I wish I could make that in my garage though…

its beautifully simple ! wonder what the jet internals are, like diameter and motor size and spec

1 Like

For this direct jetdrive I am pulling a 64mm impeller using 360KV motor, powered by 12S battery, 300Amp ESC.

1 Like

Your efoil is great. I am from China. Can you share your documents? Stl is the best 977327519@qq.com

1 Like

Your efoil is great. I am from China. Can you share your documents? Stl is the best 977327519@qq.com

It looks great. Can you share the impeller files? Stl best 977327519@qq.com

China wants to copy and steal again…

3 Likes

Hi Falu,
Great design,

Now, I am building a USV for survey,and want to use this type thrust for safety.

Are the files still available?

Thanks!

qdxiatao@126.com

Hay yeah I’ve made one I didn’t know a lot about them but I own a fabrication business called boss fab. I even made the impeller. Bu turning my mill into a 5 axis using 2 rotary tables. It needs more work but definitely successful.