Jet drive experience needed please

To all those guys out there with experience in jet drives, would you please give me some feedback about your experience with jet drives.

A bit about my project and goals.
Im looking to put a jet unit into the board of my SUP to provide a boost onto waves and maybe a quick way out the back. Im only looking to get a planing speed out of the drive so maybe 15kph max. Ideally I would like the Amps to stay below 50A 52V at a cruising speed of 15kph. (If its possible)

The motor I have is a SSS360kv and I have a 64mm Onean impeller and nozzle on the way.

Im not sure of the best way to set this drive up? For example, should I cut the impeller down in size and run as many RPM as possible, or should I maybe run the SSS 360kv at a lower voltage with the 64mm impeller.

It would be great to know how the people with experience with jet drives would do it.

Hi
I have a little experience with jet drives.
Firstly I would not cut the impeller down they ate tapered and if you dont keep it absolutely symmetrical it wont fit in the housing or t will have too large a gap between blade and housing. This will result in very poor performance .
I have used several different sizes of jet pump and other than the very tiny 28mm pumps most of them in the 40mm to 80mm range have a rpm sweet spot at 16000 tpm.
If you look at MHZ spec sheets you will see this on their graphs.
You said 50volts and 50 amps i believe.
Im not sure that is possible.
Mark who buikds youngster jets did some on camera load tests and on 12 s he was pulling about 80amps. That test was in a tank and the load was the water being pushed through that number dies not factor in tge weight of a rider so real world loads will be higher.
I have been building a double pumper with two of Marks jet pumps (53mm impeller) since January of 2019 and so far i have only acheved 20 minutes over 5/6 test runs due to tge huge amp load i have been pulling on the tge 8s setup i have been using so the only way to get close to 50amps continuous would be to run a very high voltage ( over 60 and a very low kv motor that gives you a max rpm of 16,000 so 250kv to 300 kv)
I hooe this info helps you

1 Like

For 15km/h, 50A you need 6 - 8cells.
Greetings Frank