Issue with Lift battery

I just purchased a used 2019 Lift board. It came with an already charged battery, so I had an awesome riding session. Unfortunately, there was an issue recharging the battery afterward.
For several seconds the charger was blinking, fan spinning, the battery was blinking with some green LEDs, but then the battery’s LEDs lighted with all purple lights except the last one which was yellow. I tried reconnecting, restarting the process - each time it ended up in the same state with all purple and one yellow light. I left it for a few hours in this state, disconnected - the battery was showing no LEDs. Connected to the board - nothing. I connected it back to the charger and left overnight. Still nothing

The troubleshooting guide does not have this light pattern description. I’ll get in touch with Lift. But, maybe somebody has seen this or has an idea what’s happening.

I just had this EXACT issue. Awesome first ride, purple LEDs upon attempt to recharge. Did you reach clear resolution?

It took a while of back and forth with Lift but eventually they did send me a replacement battery.

I reached out to the battery manufacturer (https://www.lithosenergy.com) hoping they could repair the battery but they don’t do any repairs at all.

@Jmcjunkin, let me know if you find anybody who does repairs. I’m in Bay Area, California

If you can open the pack I might be able to help! I am almost sure they use a ti bms chip tjat I am familiar with

@samisin, I’ll try to cut it open over the weekend. need to figure out the best way so I can reseal it later

So @Vince, did you finally cut your LIFT battery ? Any pict ?

For X-ref purpose, same issue here:

guess where he got the battery from :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on this ?

Hi Samisin
Im having problems charging my battery and wonder if you know anyone whiling to try to find a fix for this problem that knows about this technology.
I live in South Florida

Thank You
Alex M

Have you tired Lift customer service? They should be able to provide some detail about the problem. Usually lift battery shows errors with combination of LED color and blinking rate. if you don’t see any unusual LED blinking, there could be a communication error between charger and battery. If this is the issue you can just buy new comm cable and try but again reach out to Lift they should be able to provide better help

I have tried everything you could think of and no one has been able to figure out this problem.
All I know is that my battery always worked. I had to change the computer in the board then I did a firmware update and then the battery stopped charging. At this point lift doesnt know whats wrong with the battery only has 51 cycles but its out of the 1 year warrenty. I have tried using different chargers different cables nothing seems to work. Im stuck with a briked anchor weight which im sure has all savable and functional parts inside. But hey what company wouldnt want an extra $3500 for a new battery. I have no knowlege in the battery field and even those that do seems like cant even fix these things because of how new they are.

All I know is that id be whiling to pay someone just to find out whats wrong with the battery and fix it.