Import charges from US/China into UK (Maytech Remote & ARC200)

Hi,

Has anyone purchased either a Maytech Remote or a ARC200 and had them shipped to the UK?

If so was there any import charges and were they paid at time of purchase.

About to order both items but want to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Ramsay

I have ordered the arc200 and got hit £85 if I remember correctly.

Maytech mark the price down through customs so you shouldn’t get hit with a high charge at all.

1 Like

Just been on the freefly website to order the ARC200 and it looks like it is no longer available :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyone know if they have discontinued it?

I know if you can get the company to mark the item as a sample then you shouldn’t get charged any import charges. I’ve had companies write in like paint pen on the items - ’ sample not for re-sale or production’ - and put the same on the invoice so when you go to customs you can open up the item and show them that its marked so no import costs is needed. I know its for ireland but I’m sure UK has similar as Irl has taken most laws from UK or Other EU countries: Permanent importation of samples
Worked for me on previous hobby projects about a year ago - not gotten around to buying my efoil gear yet.

I’m not too sure, but I can see they have just re-done their website so it might just be that.