I have been developing a compact and smart logger for Vesc based ESCs for quite some time now, I call it the Infinity Logger (iLogger).
I posted details about it on the esk8 forums, and I thought the efoil community would also find it useful, I had a couple people telling me they would use it for their efoil builds.
iLogger is small module (42.60mm x 19.90mm x 9mm) powered by ESP32.
- Built-in Micro SD card : Provides an all the time logging experience, you don’t need to carry a phone, all the Vesc stats are automatically logged and saved on a micro SD card. ( Can theoretically store over 10 years worth of data)
- WIFI : Once you configure an access point through the companion IOS/Android App, iLogger can perform OTA, synchronize time, upload and share your log online ( https://api.wavrx.com), and enable automatic synchronization if you want to always backup your data to the cloud.
- GPS : iLogger has a GPS port that supports most GPS modules (Ex: ublox Neo 6m). GPS port has a Tx, Rx, Gnd and 3.3V power supply pins to interface your GPS module - GPS data is logged.
- BLE : iLogger comes with a cross platform companion app that allows you to perform initial setup and change settings, view/browse saved logs, and analyze them directly on the app.
- Faults codes logging
- Can connect to UART or CAN : It has a built in CAN Transceiver.
- External antenna
I’m in the process of wrapping up the first batch testing units, which are limited to 20x (Almost all beta units are sold, 2nd batch expected to start by end of June).
I started producing the hardware about 2 weeks ago, will probably receive them this week and start shipping out beta units by mid June.
1x iLogger module, 1x 7pin cable, 1x CAN cable, 1x external antenna. (Micro sd card not included)
Modules are on sale, available for $55.99 instead of $60.00 at: wavrx.com .
If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know!