Hydro V1/ SSS 56104 / NEUGART PLE 40 / 12s12p 18650 VTC6 /SWORDFISH 300pro +

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3987091

8 Likes

Nice solution with the spacer at the mast plate. But where the wires goes into the board. Water still can come in. Did you glue it inside or how did you do this ?

And the water hose does slide in a bit ? Otherwise it looks like it will bend too much ?when mounting the plate to the board

Thank you,
Concerning the various cables and pipes it passes through a trunking which joins the main box with cable glands… I had made a test without electronics and the water did not enter…
For the water hose even if after the different assembly and disassembly of the mast I have never encountered any pinching I actually intend to put an elbow connection.
And right now I’m printing a new, more streamlined mast spacer.

3 Likes

Bonjour Manu,
je suis Francais et souhaite monter un projet similaire. Le variateur que tu utilises permet il d origine un refroidissement par eau stp? Quelle est sa ref stp?
Le moteur peut prendre l eau sans probleme?
Merci

Hello @Cdzkefoil
L’ESC est un swordfish pro plus 300 ampères et effectivement le circuit de refroidissement est intégré. Quand au moteur il est redu étanche une fois placé dans le tube, il s’agit du montage de pacificmeister n’hésite pas aller voir sur son post:
https://efoil.builders/t/pacificmeister-build-info-and-cad-sources/21

Here we should write all in English

1 Like

@nice2cu, Going just for you so you don’t miss any of the threads of discussion:

Hello @Cdzkefoil
The ESC is a swordfish pro plus 300 amps and actually the cooling circuit is integrated. As for the engine it is reduced tight once placed in the tube, it is the assembly of pacificmeister do not hesitate to go to see on its post:

if you have this that can help you:
https://www.deepl.com/translator

Yours sincerely

@nice2cu
No Word just picture :

Yes, and I got too a PN that I should write in English :wink:

1 Like

hello Cdzkefoil
I am also French, if water gets into the engine, don’t worry, it will work, but it will have to be cleaned very quickly because the bearings will not like it!

2 Likes

Merci pour ta rep je quitte malheureusement ce forum ne parlant pas anglais. Je tenterai de trouver des infos sur un forum francais ou facebook. Desolé de ne pas pouvoir ecrire en anglais.

Utilise Google translate et Google chrome! Sers toi de cette opportunité pour apprendre et t’améliorer! Ce forum est de loin la meilleure source pour construire un efoil!

Use Google translate! Use this as an opportunity to improve your English! This forum is the best place to learn how to build an efoil.

2 Likes

It would indeed be a shame to give up your project just for that, look above I put the link of the translator I use (less and less) you’ll see the progress you’ll make in English in addition to enjoying your foil.

Il serait effectivement dommage de renoncer à ton projet juste pour ça, regarde plus haut j’ai mis le lien du traducteur dont je me sert ( de moins en moins ) tu verras les progrès que tu feras en anglais en plus de te faire plaisir à monter ton foil

1 Like

OK, thanks. I’m looking for the exact ref of the motor I see a 56105 500KV is this good please? and in battery they are 12s (44.4v) please?

ok merci. Je cherche la ref exacte du moteur je vois un 56105 500KV est ce bien svp? et en accu ce sont bien des 12s (44.4v) svp?

in terms of battery, what do you recommend? lipo 12s in how many mah for what duration of use please?

I made a 12s12p pack based on Sony VTC6, so 36 amps the battery weighs 7.6kg. The more amps you have, the better it is but the more the weight will increase… so I’m waiting for the good weather for the first tests…

Most people are changing to LiIon for safety and durability reasons. Anything from 16 to 40Ah should work, depends on how long you want to ride and the weight of the complete build. If you use a smaller battery, say 16 or 20Ah, just make sure it can deliver enough amps (discharge C rate). If you build your own battery or get one built from 18650 cels, you can go to up to 14s. For LiPos there is not much choice above 6s and 20Ah, so max would be 4x6s, 20Ah which will be around 10kg (2.5kg each). I think more than 10kg is too heavy.
For the duration it depends on your setup, I think with 12S 40Ah you should get around 1h.

1 Like

ok thank you for your return, regarding the batteries, would you have an interesting internet link at price level please communicate (12s 40ah)

Do you want to make your own Li-ion battery pack or do you want to buy one off the shelf ?

[FR] Tu veux faire ta propre batterie ou tu préfères en acheter une déja faite ?

1 Like