It took 1.5 years between my last hydrofoil video which was the remote video. There were some other projects in life that I had to prioritise, but here is finally the prop and motor part. This was really pulling my nerves at some points. I always had this project in the back of my mind. But there was a steady stream of other tasks that piled onto my desk.
I tested the discontinued Alien Motor and then moved on to the Flipsky 120kV one. I used a 3d printed prop first, then the Yamaha propa and the Tohatsu prop. Finally I arrived at a cut down Tohatsu which resulted in 29kg of Thrust at 56A from the motor. This is without maxing out the VESC yet. I will increase the current if neccessary on the water.
Next up will be mounting the motor and finalising the whole board with all the little details.
Thanks for the support of everyone here! It took ages already to film all of this, but withou the help here it would have taken much longer. Hopefully I can get riding this spring. I am hopeful.