Greetings and questions

Hey ppl,

new here. I’m 37 and live in the Netherlands near the beach Scheveningen. Never did much with watersports but always loved it. Recently saw this efoil stuff and was amazed. Bit disappointed to see it only available for an insane amount of money which led me to this forum. That left me with some questions.

• As foiling and e-foiling is quite new, is it expected to get a lot cheaper soon?
  • Is it possible to foil surf in holland in the sea?
  • Anyone any experience with veFoil? They seem to be kickstarter who’ll offer a payable board.
  • Could I order a ready to mount motor with remote and build the rest? Or are there any kits out there?
  • Can you switch battery packs to be able to foil for hour after hour?

As foiling and e-foiling is quite new, is it expected to get a lot cheaper soon?

It will most likely get cheaper over the next couple of years as more commercial builders enter the market and competition heats up.

Is it possible to foil surf in holland in the sea?

If you have one meter (two might be better) of water depth and not too many obstacles or giant waves you can efoil! I have seen a video of someone efoiling on a small duck pond. And another on a narrow river.

Anyone any experience with veFoil? They seem to be kickstarter who’ll offer a payable board.
Could I order a ready to mount motor with remote and build the rest? Or are there any kits out there?
Can you switch battery packs to be able to foil for hour after hour?

VeFoil is active on this forum so you can read his posts. At this very moment I am not aware of any ready-to-mount systems available for sale. But surely they will come in the months ahead. Ditto kits.

Unless you have a problem with some of your components overheating (it’s an issue for many) you can swap batteries and ride forever.

Thanks for your answers.
About the foiling in the sea, I meant to ask if it’s possible to foil on the wave on a normal hydrofoil board, without a motor, kite or anything else?

There are now lots of boards and foils designed for the surf. I use the GoFoil on a custom 118L sup. I wouldn’t recommend learning to foil in the waves. Its pretty dangerous! For me it was easier to learn to foil, because I had been kiting for ages. But if I had to start again I would start by getting a cheapish biggish Kite or small SUP foil and trying to ride it behind a boat or jetski. That would be the easiest and quickest way to experience the wonders of foiling. Once you can ride a foil behind a boat you can decide where to go next with your foiling.

Be warned, it can get expensive. Tow in foiling, Kite foiling, Sup foiling, and now this Efoil. Im broke now!:grinning: