GONG PRO surf wings

comparing it with the nobile all around is like comparing a Volvo station wagon with a Ducati 960. It’s a great wing for learning.

Here it is, can’t wait to get in the cold water…

Is the profile thinner?

You bet! Thinner profile and more “bend” on the edge of the wing.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hi!

I was able to run a quick test run after work yesterday. Sun went down 17:50 so I could not run more that 20 minutes.

Overall the new wing feels very smooth in the water. I takes more speed to get foiling but that’s expected given the smaller size. I didn’t push it to hard, went up to 30kmh and its very smooth. It easier to ride than I thought it would be.

Hopefully I will be able to push it beyond the 33 kmh that I got with the standard medium wing.

Turning felt very smooth, my guess is that the arch is the reason for this. Both my other wings are very flat.

I used the kite stab for the test. Will change over to the surf stab to see how that handles as well.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiqyEh4Sf4KAhods7i228bjuJdBsqA?e=Y6Bc9Z

Will do more tests.

BR

Rikard

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see if you get much more top speed. It might be the drive unit and prop that have reached their max at 33kph. You drive should be able to handle a higher pitched prop though.

I got approx 20% throttle left.

Give me some runs :slight_smile:

Hi Riwi !
Any updateregarding the Pro Wing ?
Max speed achieved, stability compared to the classic version ?
Power to get on the foil ?

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. Been messy.
So the good news is that the gong pro M together with the original surf stab is a blast! Riding it is easy and I am able to run slalom and do hard turns like never before. Regarding the speed I hit approx 30kmh but that’s with a new prop and the prop is not as good as the old one.

Anyhow if maneuverability is you thing I can’t think of a better match when it comes to wing/stab. The stab is so forging. I rode to high multiple times, prop sucks air, and could easily hinder the fall but just shifting my weight. This was nearly impossible with the kite stab.

1 Like

Thank you for testing and feedback , just to make sure , I think there are 4 back wing , one for kite 40cm that looks straight , 3 sizes for surf 40 45 and 55cm , which one have you tested ?

40cm kite stab and surf stab that comes with the standard 65cm medium surf package.

I also want to order a gong mast and wing. I want a stable ride. Should a 80cm mast with pro M wing be stable enough ? Or shorter mast with pro L wing ?

The video’s looks good and stable. But maybe you have better skills than I have.

What is your mast length ?

For a stable ride with early lift, gong medium wing and 65cm mast.

For a more challenging ride, 80cm mast and pro medium wing.

Br

Rikard

Thanks. M classic still can reach 30kmh ?

I doubt between the M classic and the L Pro

The L pro is a bit bigger but thinner, maybe a bit faster and because bigger more stable ?

I’ve done 32 with M. Broke my prop before I could test the M pro.

Hi Riwi,
Did you record the power needed for both wings: standard M and pro M ?

Hi! I can’t tell the difference. I would say they are the same at normal speed.