Gong Allvator - unboxed pics and pics of build quality

Hi, that’s the Large wing with 65cm mast. When I ordered there was no extra charge for swapping the medium wing for the large

possibly can you give me the weight of the whole (mat + fuselage + wings)? thank you

According to the gong website this foil and mast set up (L wing and 65cm mast) weight is 4,2kg

See all specs here

https://gongsupshop.com/epages/box1707.sf/fr_FR/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box1707/Products/GON8SFOILALLSURFCPTL

I think i got the medium wing. Here with a hiorth ”torpedo”

I would not call it light. Compared to my nobile it’s heavy. I like the bag!

I bought the same one for my electric foil, I will keep you informed after the first tests…
In the meantime here is the link to my construction…

https://efoil.builders/t/hydro-v1-sss-56104-neugart-ple-40-12s-lipo-seaking-v3-130a/2136

1 Like

Been riding twice and medium is perfect for beginners but to slow for me. I can start foiling at 20 amps easy.

1 Like

Nice , so what will be your next wing ? Kind of feeling the same about my wing…

Hi, we have realy fast wing :wink:

Get the 65cm kite wing. It will fit on the fuselage and should handle a lot more speed.

Does it work with the back wing or should I change that one as well?

I think the back wing you have should be fine.

I sent an email to gong. Will post answer.

Do you have the mast profile for the gong mast by any chance? I need to cut the mast profile from my mast clamp.

hello i draw the clip for foil gong look here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/carvalhoemmanuel/designs

2 Likes

Hi!

Regarding kite wing for surf foil. I got this answer from GONG:
“The Fuselage will need to be changed for the Kite wing to be used but yes the stabs for either kite or surf are interchangeable. You might want to think of switching ou the stab first, that should loosen it up a bit.”

The difference between kite and surf fuselage

Other people who ride with Gong foil surfing have the same problem…?

IMHO it is not really a problem.
Gong has a now a range of six front wings ranging from 60 to 100cm (500W motor ?) wingspans. The wing chord (including mortise = female part) varies accordingly and the set screw position too. So if a rider wants a smaller/thinner wing to go faster, (s)he needs to get a fuselage with shorter tenon (male part).

Which can do more can do less: IMHO, for a strapless use, the long fuselage (for L or M wings) should work with the small Fwings (60 and 65). You will just have to drill one or two extra holes in the fore part of your long fuselage … The small wing mortise will just be 2" (5cm) shorter than the tenon so to be aesthetic and flush, you just need to… print a ring. It is not only cheaper but you can swap the 2 front wings very easily for a beginner session. If the whole foil was too slow in turns for your likings, then you could buy the smaller fuselage (69€).

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the 65cm kite wing?

It’s a big step compared to the M surf wing. I will order the kite STAB and try it with the M surf wing as a starter.