Freefly ARC200 Testing and ESC Shootoff

Which watercooling bed did you choose?

Home made :slight_smile: I did build it for for the VESC but work with the ARC also since is has almost the same dimensions. Pic here

1 Like

Quite a monster. What temps are you getting to with and without the watercooling running?

Donā€™t know. The logfilez coming out of the ARC is total rubbish. Like this.

Do you get the same wierd readings?

(the weird readings in the excel menu is Swedish :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Thatā€™s really weird. Maybe ask the Freefly guys why this is happeningā€¦

Thatā€™s my heatsink. Just need to put in the bolt holes and get some thermal paste to fill any gapsā€¦

4 Likes

Answer from Freefly:

`After speaking with our Arc200 engineering team, it sounds like this is something that will need to be addressed via a future firmware update. It has been added to the next firmware release changes to be addressed. Iā€™m not exactly sure how the fix will be implemented but probably in the form of a log reset function in the GUI.

I donā€™t have an exact timeline but it sounds like the next update would be likely to be released in the next several weeks.`

For any of those that may be interested. I have now ordered a second ARC200 for another build. Thats how good it is. I have even been able to run mine with just a heatsink and without watercooling in a closed hatch for 25 minutes ride time.

2 Likes

I just got mine but am having trouble getting my transmitter and receiver set up.

Which tx/Rx do you have?
Are you using own on the encoder line?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GDGDTFR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I donā€™t know whitch plug to plug the end of the PWM primary cable into. PWM, Throttle , ENC then after that I donā€™t know whitch throttle input to select in the software.

Iā€™ll send some screenshots tomorrow

Perfect I appreciate it, I actually bought it because of your post about it!

https://freeflysystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FRP/pages/269844541/Wiring+Arc200

Propably THRO line. Pins 1, 2 and 6.

The Rx connects to the pwm input. The setting to use is then the pwm on encoder line.
Iā€™ll connect up tomorrow and pull my config for you and take some pics.

You canā€™t see the receiver, but it connects into the PWM input on the ARC200

How has the passive cooling been going? That sounds great. I assume the heatsink in this case is through the box to the outside? I think Iā€™m leaning towards the ESC and am about to pull the trigger there.

To be honest I havenā€™t used the passive one much. There was a leak in the board and I have just taken my time to get back to it.
The heatsink is completely enclosed, but is large enough that it should absorb heat for 30+ minutes of constant use. It is also protected with a temperature cutoff just in case it heats up faster than expected.

Anyone notice the ARC200 seems to have disappeared from the Freefly product pages?!?

Yep, they have stopped production. Not sure why as it seemed like a good ESC for a lot of applicationsā€¦