[Fred] Another build from France

1 Like
3 Likes

Finally it works like a charm !!

6 Likes

Well done Fred ! Excellent ! Do you ever get tired ? :sunglasses:

Thanks phil! ahahahaha never!! life is too short & i have so many things to do…:grin:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Awesome. What board is that??

Very nice Fred. Could you give us details and pictures about your new board (dimensions, inside the hatch, …) cooling system, remote, …

Thanks Shaun, it is my shape, i do it myself (fiber glass/carbon).

1 Like

Thanks SoEFoil!
I would like to share more informations about my stuff, but i am trying to commercialize it.
So for now it is difficult to give more details, when product will be released it will be easier to share.

Hi Frederic, I would like to know more as I’m about to do my own. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi Shaun, Well, i do not know what kind of advice i can give you…
When i started i tried to reuse an existing board (monaro, airush) and even if result was flying, it was not perfect (center of gravity, hatch, etc…) . So i decided to build my own board (a real efoil board).
One important point for me, was to design my board with my ideas, my choices, my parameters…i wanted to build a board that looks like me.

i did lot of tries…i recommend you to take your time when you shape it, because all the choices you will make, will count at the end. For example the gravity center, is important, depending on the battery you want to have on board. Do your calculation twice, so you can save time & money ;=). An other important point is how you connect your mast to your board. You can use classic connection like us box, or you can develop your own stuff, with your own characteristics.
Of course, developing your own style is more “risky”…but (for me) it is much more interesting at the end. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Frederic,

This is the information I was after, so thank you.

Just some other questions if that’s OK!? What core material did you use? Did you CNC cut it or did you do it a different way? What materials did you coat the core with?

contruction is like a surfboard (core foam + fiber glass/carbon). I have designed my shape with solidworks. For cutting i used global cut with hot wire + hand finition to get the good shape. Then coating with fiber glass and carbon (to reinforce some parts).

Thank you. What’s the benefit of both fibreglass and carbonfibre? I have no experience with building a board.

fiberglass is cheap, perfect for some parts of the board, carbon is expensive but flexible & very strong. You can make it full carbon if you prefer, but it will be more expensive, and not necessary much more better…only fiberglass can be risky, (connection between mast & board has to be very strong)

New board

IMG_5622

3 Likes

An idea of the board volume and its weight (empty) ? How did you organize the space inside the board ?
Why three screw holes above the mast ? A kill switch ?