Fr 2019 motor system

Extremely interesting result, looks like a very efficient setup. Roughly only 1000 W to foil ! One question, did You test the speed on the FR without the nozzle? Would be rally useful to know the impact of the nozzle? Think it is possible at that speed it is increasing efficiency compared to propeller without nozzle.

Direct :slight_smile: Kickass motor!

and what is prop size?

Watercooling pickup hole in front ?

Prop size is 145mm…

Yes watercooling is in the front (same as Lift). The mast clamp functions the same way that the Lift one does. I have changed all my mast clamps to FR mast clamps as for the price (35 euro for injection moulded, 85 euro for aluminium) they completely beat out any 3D printed ones.

Ok so here are some videos as promised.

Again im very sorry they are not good as i had only 1.5 hrs to get in the water / play around with wings and get home so it was rushed + it was the first time in the water so i did not know what to expect.

This Video is FR 6" prop and the big 102 wing on 12s with 16 Ah Tatto packs. I never got close to full power and you can hear me squeal like a girl when it get too fast ( sorry in advance )

2 Likes

Here is a another video of me trying to do some " ride by and call out the amps video "

you can see me looking at the throttle % on the controller and then at the amp meter ( in the top of the box ) and then trying to ride past to give a sense of speed ?

20190614_160827

an extremely simple setup that i intend to improve when i get time but for only 4 hrs build time it got me going.

2 Likes

Could you possibly give me the dimensions of the axis mast, screw locations and bolt sizes (top and bottom)?

i wish i was … i weight 94 kg ( not proud of that ) then add in the wet 4-3 steamer and impact jacket im over 100 kg rider mass.

the larger 102 wing definitely help produce massive Lift … but then you go past a certain point were the drag increases at high speed and then its less efficient.

All the videos were on the 102 wing but i did play around with the smaller 82 wing and it was much nicer to ride especially at high speeds and the lift was a lot more manageable, Plus at higher cursing speed i think the 82 wing will be more efficient at speed.

1 Like

i have not yet had a chance to do so.

i will print an insert and try with and without next time i get some time to play with this as i’m interested to know myself.

i have 2 FR masts / motors and will set up 2 boards and do some back to back testing.

stand by

yep sure thing.

i have solid works files as well for the mast profile if you need it.

20190405_230836 20190405_231020

2 Likes

Thanks, highly appreciated!

FYI the 3 wires and water tube coming out of the mast is NOT waterproof. I assumed it was but during my water trials that ended up leaking a lot of water.

Hey gents i should have some new data and info to com this weekend.

I have a 300 amp speedy now with data logging and i will use a GPS for speed.

2 different wings , 2 different props and 6s and 12 s setups.

stand by

Something I don’t understand! You don’t have any sealing profil or system on the FR product. I could understand you don’t need it on your board because you have a dedicate waterproof box but on the FR system, the cable come direct to the batterybox. so normaly it must have a sealing method? Is it a option on the order? @Flying_Rodeo may be can you make it clearer?

The FR mast comes with a seal that sits in-between the mast and board. Then there is another seal that sits on the wires. These create a watertight seal so that water can’t get into the hatch.

Thank you so much. have you any pictures? The seal that sits in-between are flat or it’s a o’ring. Because I guess if it a flat one, the mast would’n be enough rigid?
The seal on cable you spoke about is on the mast end like we saw on a picture above or it is on board?

I use a 1mm flat rubber seal on my mast. You don’t notice it at all. I’m not sure if the FR one is similar or not. I just know it comes with a special seal.
The wire one is like the one you’ve seen on the pic above.

Are you planning a Bollard pull (crane scale) or Bollard push (bathroom scale) test ?