Fr 2019 motor system

I guess I got to get on face book, and buy a cheap yamaha prop before summer gets here.

Hello im rely sory but i cant finde space in production for flipsky motors propelers :sweat:

1 Like

Guys. Just buy the folding prop from David.

You can easily drill it out to fit the 65161 motor.

:call_me_hand::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::desert_island::surfing_man:

Have you done this? Any pictures?

The flip-sky motor shaft is 12mm if I am not mistaken. So your saying the FR motor shaft is smaller? What 10mm? And If that is the case I would think I would want to buy one of FR regular motor props rather than the folding one. Right?

I have the folding prop.

I think I’ll prefer folding over 3 blade (I haven’t tested them yet. Still working on a board). But, yes. You could make the 3 blade prop fit the 65161 motor just as easy.

No. I haven’t done it. But I took some measurements.

The smooth part of the shaft is the same. The threaded part of the shaft, and flange depth is different.

All you have to do is drill out the hole in the prop (where the threaded part of the shaft goes) with a 5/16" bit then use 18mm wide shim (washers would work fine) so the nut tightening load is on the flange and not the pin. And depending on how big the nut is, you might have to drill out the indentation for the nut.

Looks easy to make Lift/FR props fit the 65161 motor.

But, once modified it will be a bit harder to use this prop again on the Lift/FR motor. Now you would need a sleeve for the bolt that holds the prop on. Probably have to make this sleeve. That’s why I haven’t done this mod yet.

I already have one of David’s 3 blade props for the 65161. So, at this point I don’t need to do this. If I want to put a folding prop on a 65161 motor, this is how I’d do it.

:call_me_hand::beers:

5 Likes

Fightjunkie,
Thanks for taking the time to thoroughly explain the task. It clears a lot up. I do think I could easily make the modifications.
I assume the folding prop is a lot more money than the regular prop.
Now I need to see if FR will sell me a regular prop,

1 Like

Just be careful, if I remember correctly the folding prop won’t be able to fold past the m8 nyloc nut on the 65161 motor.

Has anyone installed a FR prop to Maytech 65162 with a 10 mm shaft (and without the thread at the end of the shaft)? The smooth 10 mm shaft would provide longer guiding surface compared to the threaded one. But how to secure the prop in place?

Have you got a picture of the shaft?

This is actually a Flipsky motor but the shaft design is better known from Maytech, I believe.

It looks like you have to secure it with a split pen.

You need a prop with a hole in the top like this one

But is this possible with the FR prop? Or should I try to drill and tap 6 mm inner thread to the shaft end…?

The FR prop is designed for 12mm shafts, so you would need a sleeve to start with and then some more mods to the prop. It might be possible but no one else has done it so there’s no guarantee.

Thank you!
I definately would like to have the FR prop…

Send the motor back for the other shaft. The Flipsky motor with the standard shaft is easy to make fit the FR prop as I showed in the pictures in my post above.

:call_me_hand:

Is FR still communicating with anyone? I’m very interested in their products, but they have not responded to my e-mail/web form or Facebook communications.

1 Like

This its my office 18hr pr day… sory but im working rely hard for refull all demend on market…

11 Likes

and on TOP OF THIS im working on FLYWAY :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

2 Likes