Fr 2019 motor system

I can measure your wing effectiveness. I have prof. a device for measuring hydrodynamic parameters of a wing, propeller, etc. But I must first make a metal frame so that I can fasten the wing and immerse it here: https://efoil.builders/uploads/default/optimized/2X/6/64e8564692b32bdcbf7ea1f134b0fe6c7ebb966a_2_1035x582.jpeg

If the wing has little efficiency, I can upgrade the wing shape in 3D CAD.

Each wing should be as effective as possible so that the start of the e-foil is as short as possible. This will significantly increase the sailing time.

Why all is about static thrust ? Different wings and propeller pitch avalaible , thrust change a lot: take off , cruising , top speed , this step up is working , knowing the number will be nice , yes , but if you want to fly this summer and buy one , i don’t think it makes a big difference knowing it make 30 or 35 or 45kg off static thrust ( big area propeller can push hard but you can be disapointed with top speed)

2 Likes

My name is chris. I am from Vancouver BC. I have the flying rodeo set up pictured above. What I can tell you is if you want to get foiling it is worth every penny. I built my first e foil 2 years ago with testing many motors and had good success with a 2230 motor and gearbox from Neutronics. David from flying rodeo makes a far superior product. More powerful than a lift motor.
I can’t recommend it enough.

2 Likes

I do agree with you. Static thrust doesn’t mean everything. However, it tells a lot about the potential (torque) of your motor. If it displays 28kg, you know your motor isn’t a champion :wink:

I would appreciate to know the “pontoon” static thrust of the 13-15s 5000W custom Chinese Brushless that is advertised at 12Nm on Alibaba and spotted 5Nm on the charts they send you by mail when you ask for more information :thinking:

That was not me who asked this , all informations i got was from another seller that gave me the torque of a 56104 motor series: no more than 2.8Nm to be expected (around 300kv)

Sorry about the misinterpretation. What I meant is that the pontoon thrust test (credit to @Frage :wink:) and similar to bollard thrust test for boats with a crane scale (so a pull test) is a simple and cheap way to sort between a race horse and a donkey.
As this test is a way to remove uncertainty about any motor’s capabilities, Reacher Tech should be able to provide us with these simple results in standard efoil conditions (say: 130mm prop, 10 to 14s tension, average pitch).

So @Flying_Rodeo, do you think you could be the first efoil propulsion system manufacturer to communicate on pontoon testing ?

Yes very good. The static thrust of the propeller says a lot about the propeller potential. However, it is most important to determine the efficiency of the propeller. The propeller thrust is then increased very easily only by increasing the diameter of the propeller or the pitch of the blades. Standing water is sufficient to measure the efficiency of the propeller.

However, a small water velocity (e.g., 3 to 5 km / h, as in the photo https://efoil.builders/uploads/default/optimized/2X/6/64e8564692b32bdcbf7ea1f134b0fe6c7ebb966a_2_1035x582.jpeg) is sufficient to measure wing efficiency, since the wing efficiency is almost linear with increasing water speed.

1 Like

Yes but this is a thread about FR efoil , i agree with you about propeller dynamic but i think it will be hard to gain everywhere for take off , long time cruising 
 To me ( and i am only guessing to what i have experimented flying) there is not ONE good propeller, it is depending on what you want or need , if the propeller gives me what i want i don’t mind loose 10min of riding or change battery
But i will happy to see a nice designed propeller

I can measure the efficiency of the propeller. If the propeller has little efficiency, I can improve the shape in 3D CAD.

Every propeller should have the highest efficiency, thereby significantly extending the length of the voyage. The propeller thrust is then increased very easily only by increasing the diameter of the propeller or the pitch of the blades.

Flying Rodeo and the CAESE team with their parametric CFD SW have set the bar pretty high already.
Do you think you could do any better ?
2015 â€ș CAESES to 2019 â€ș CAESES
including 2016, 2017 and 2018

https://www.caeses.com/blog/2018/efoil-flying-rodeo/

1 Like

Yes, I am able to significantly increase the efficiency of the Flying Rodeo propeller. In the photos of the drive system from FR I see various deficiencies in the propeller and the pipe. But I can increase the efficiency of a propeller from another manufacturer that would then sell the improved propeller to the forum members. The first step must be this: first the efficiency of the propeller must be measured. Propeller efficiency is measured at static thrust. If it is low, then the cause is determined - whether the propeller has the wrong blade shape, or the number of blades or hub shape, whether it is suitable for e-foil and for nominal RPM.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @Bufadore ufadore

I’m about to order 2 systems from FR to then make my own e foil SUP board for surfing and riding waves. I want to ride waves NOT just high speed on flat water.

I have 3 x 3D printers CNC machine and lathe at home but having made my own electric surfboards for the past 8 years i know how much endless tinkering and fiddling is involved with DIY systems and this time around i just dont know if i can be bothered building a full DIY motor pod + im super time poor these days 
 i just want somthing that works and go e-foiling.

Can i ask how much you weigh and how easy does the motor system lift u out of the water?

ALSO : what speedy and battery setup did you end up using for yourself.

do you have any pictures u want to share?

Why dont u just buy FR prop, measure it, optimize it, show results and then sell here? I dont get why u already havent done that. Sounds like 100% win for every1 including you.

1 Like

How dare you use so much logic with WNT :wink:
I think you should rather post a 1000 props for him to analyse.

1 Like

Hi guys :hugs::surfing_man:‍♂:dash:

Only to check how many you will be interesting in july for efoil board:

Lenght 155cm

Volumen 90l

Alsoe each buyer has custom airbrush with your signiture​:hugs::surfing_man:‍♂:ocean::ok_hand:

8 Likes

That looks good! What’s the price like?

PRICE for this BOARD will be:

1600€ + VAT + SHIPPING

we can give a 5% discaunt on al member EFOIL BUILDERS

Very nice board man
 i love
And nice All Star :wink::joy:

you buy POKER BOARD and ALLSTAR ar for freee :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::star_struck:

2 Likes

I have a Flying rodeo set up and I love it. The boards are the perfect size for agility and carving. Bigger boards are fun but not great at performing tight turns. David’s motors and propellers are very efficient for a direct drive. I am only pulling just under 40 amps at 30 kph. I am planning to order another one for my wife. Well done Flying Rodeo.

4 Likes