Fr 2019 motor system

Look that smothnes for Best eficient :wink:

Ewhrithing its in details :sunglasses:

1 Like

Which props are these? Racing or for the maytech motors?

For Maytech motors :hugs:

:pray::sunglasses::clinking_glasses:

Is my test prop in the post? :wink:

1 Like

What are the cost of the prop for maytech motor?

to Flying_Rodeo:
that is great. I`ve sent you a pm.
:slight_smile:

Hello.

Glad you find it useful.

What I’m going to do is upload a video for you tomorrow that will explain a lot of things for you and show you my two very diffrent boards and setup.

1. Large SUP setup with super simple 6s combo for learning and surfing.

1. A shorter more pro board for more speed manoverability and surfing which is more expensive and complex.

I think this will help you and others work out what direction to go in and get more understanding of the FR setup. Somthing I would have loved to have when I was looking at the FR product when such little info was available.

1 Like

Also I will upload a video i did of the board on 6s with FR motor and prop. I have some basic amp and speed data as well for those who asked for it. Stand by

4 Likes

great, I’m interested too

Thats super. I'm looking forward to it. It is realy complicated, when you are not involved in rc and electronic. There are so many things, I dont know…
And it is too expensive to fail .
So it is better to copy, than to try a new one without knowlege.
But there is one ting, I know right now. It would be the smaller board…:slight_smile:

Ok as promised long ago

This video is for those who want to see if 6s can work with minimal hardware, modest cost and almost NO DIY work needed.

Also to put a stop to a few people who question if 6s can even be done.

Disclaimer : I am NOT sponsored or receive anything from FR for any of this its just me trying to give back to the community. + it would seem FR is way to busy making stuff to do anything like this and it’s a shame because its a good yet somewhat unknown product, but unless people post info like this I think a lot of people who are afraid of DIY or don’t have the time could be missing out on a good short cut into e-foiling through the FR product. If it helps just 1 person then that’s good.

This is a link to a video of my big SUP foiling around on small single 6s 12Ah lipo battery with FR motor and 7” prop. I used such a small battery to highlight even with the absolute minimum in setup you can foil on 6s.

Had GPS data from my phone I saw an average moving speed of 17 kmph what I would call cruse speed to get around with maximum efficiency. Max speed was 24 kmph but with a bigger battery I would normal use it’s more like 25-26km. (plenty of speed range for surfing )

I had a go pro setup in the box filming the amp meter as this esc has no logger but as Murphy’s law would have it the amp meter fell down shortly after i got up on the foil…… massive fail. But I did get some video before it fell down.
To foil on the 82 wing is about 49 amps at a curse speed. As this is a small single 12 ah pack amps will be up a bit as the amp load is higher = lover voltage retention VS a larger 44 Ah pack.

On the larger 102 wing its only 40 amps to foil but its slower speed.

FAIL

This supports what im experiencing out in the water with a foil time of about 50 minutes on a 44Ah 6s pack.

Simple setup can provide details of hardware if anyone needs them but it basic anyway.

6 Likes

Ok so this video if for anyone who wants to have a look at some FR hardware and my 2 diffrent setups.

https://youtu.be/Nx23LuIFk8U

Its basic but to the point and should be helpful for those who are a bit unsure of what to do and what direction to start with.

if anyone wants to see more of anything or a better explication of a specific part just let me know and i will do what i can for you.

9 Likes

Ok something really cool.

Some drone footage of my large sup / FR motor / 7" FR prop / 6s 44Ah pack / Axis 82 wing foil / small 1- feet GLASS surf session.

one of the most magical days i have ever had on the water… just EPIC to fly on clear water like this and see everything your flying over.

Was able to foil in and around other surfers without taking any of their usable waves or getting on the surf line which is important to keep the peace.

Enjoy

10 Likes

Nice on :hugs::surfing_man:‍♂ this look amazing

I wonder if anyone has a metr log of the FR motor system :thinking:

hopefully in the next week i will get some time to take my FR board for a test as it has the 380amp swordfish esc in it and that has on board data logging. Im just waiting for my new V2 maytech remotes to turn up so i can ride the board again. I just purchased the USB interface for the ESC so i can get the data off it.

stand by and i will get some reliable power data for you all.

Where is that spot. Looks nice!

Its called U turns in South Australia on the Mid coast.

Its my local wave, never really surfed it much as its too small for surfboards IMO.

But it produces really fun easy going foil waves.

1 Like

Water-cooling inlet in the pod nose (@ 2:15) replacing the electric pump: have you tried to estimate what is the minimum speed triggering water cooling: water from pod nose to board deck through the ESC and expelled behind your electric box ?

1 Like

Great video! I know you said that the 12S setup with the FR board was too fast, but I’m curious as to actual speeds. Do you have any GPS data with that setup? Thanks!