Fr 2019 motor system

Hi im sory to hear that… Im doing my beast :disappointed_relieved:

Curently sold out

How much does it cost for the combo prop + Duct ?

Does this mean a duct integrated & fixed to the propeller only?

No, but its good that you have together :hugs::surfing_man:‍♂:dash:

OK, all clear, thanks!

1 Like

Hi guys,

I tested my self made battery 58V 14S12P (Panasonic cells NCR18650NFR 2900mAh-10A) and Flier ESC 400A 2-22S with FR propulsion system on 3.3m inflatable boat.

I put motor on Gongfoil mast 65cm which I will use on my board. Everything is attached with improvised wood holder on the boat. It looks ugly, I know, but it works.
I wanted to check temperature of Flier ESC and my baterry with BMS.
I didnt push it to the limit (lets say about 60% throttle), up to 90Amps (check the video).

The reason I didnt use full throttle is that ESC became quite hot, because I didnt cool it.The test before antispark wire burnt on full power ( sorry I didnt use Amp clamps multimeter), so dont use antispark wire on Flier ESC. I dont know why the resistance of 2mm2 antispark wire is lower than the main cable. My main cables are 6 AWG.
Flier 400ESC is hot( difficult to hold) on current under 100Amps in few minutes, eventhough I put it on aluminium bottom. If you ask me, this ESC can hold continious current 200Amps maybe, but with nitrogen cooling:) (chinese 400Amps constantly my ass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
Battery,BMS and other cables are not even warm after few minutes test on 90A.
I think the ESC cooling is a must thing, if you use self made motor system and printed proppeler with less efficiency than FR proppeler, even more necessary.

What can I say about Liftfoil motor and Flying rodeo proppeler?
Beast and masterpiece of efficiency.

7 Likes

That’s awesome! High speed electric trolling motor :wink:
It really is an awesome motor! Beautifully designed and though out.

The great things about this setup is that you:

• can look at your screens in a comfortable position,
  • you don’t mind the water temperature,
  • you can take the whole family for a ride,
  • to be continued,

Let’s create the “Fishing Rodeo Contest”: best data logging, highest speed on a FR setup, …etc :grimacing:

1 Like

I am very interested in their drive with mast and platte I have sent them an email but no reaction would bring the motor to 180a ESC watercooled enough A for drive

Find him on Facebook. He replies very quickly.
That ESC is definitely big enough.

I have been trying to buy a board from him for last 3 months! I had an invoice but. In two days I lost the communication after he mentioned he is slammed with orders :disappointed:. These guys are great engineers and builders but cant say the same thing about their business and mass manufacturing skills

Just the way it goes with mass production at the beginning, just cannot do everything and be everywhere

Cant complain about that

I have write him on Facebook over the Homepage but no answer.

He’s on vacation I believe

Just realize i have also been funding the development of the FR motor:) (EU). Not having own experience but seams like they have a interesting approach to running the business, time for posting on FB, having holidays(?), but customers can not reach or get a reply. Product seams to be good though.

hehe… guys please be patient :frowning:

im ONLY one guy and i cant burn myself .

This week its here NICHOLAS LESSEN from LIFT on imported meeting.

Im doing for LIFT and MOSES and for now im alone in shop i cant take so much presure …

i will support you guys with the best parts but if you gona be rude to me i will not support you…

im working 20hr pr day last 2 yer so i think i geet some respect or not :frowning:

have nice day too all

5 Likes

Good reply! That explains, did not know the background so well, sorry. You need to sleep a little also, 20 hours for 2 years is rough…!

RED BULL BOARD :heart_eyes::star_struck::crazy_face:

EACH board have CUSTOM PAINT (no stickers)

12 Likes

Wonderfull !! I love it

1 Like