Flipsky Waterproof Remote Survey

Looks like it’s being sold already. @Nurbul just posted he has one.

All I can say at this point is I hope Flipsky stands behind their product. Because Maytech is a disappointment. Maytech has terrible quality control, you must do your own waterproofing, and Maytech does not provide any warranty when your remote breaks. Many of us have found this out first hand.

Fingers crossed Flipsky listens to this community, stands behind their product, and works to improve their remote until it’s what we all want and need! :crossed_fingers:

Oh, and don’t listen to @efoilbuilsmylife. That’s clearly a Maytech representative…

:call_me_hand:

Thats the VX2 Skate Remote.
For ESK8, not waterproof only VESC compatible.

1 Like

Sorry to tell, but this is not waterproof and I was informed about that. I just didn’t want to wait until they launch new product.

2 Likes

Oh. Ok. Thx for the clarification. Had me fooled!

:rofl::call_me_hand:

So @JamieJiang , what has been your decision and how’s the design going ?

Hey, guys.How do you think about this remote for efoil. Features include: GPS, cruise control, lighting, screen display.but without trigger

Please get rid of the flash light. Having no trigger is okay for me. Thumb control is also good. What will be you target price?

PLEASE use trigger! Thumb control is not convenient.And as superlefax mentioned get rid of the light.

I appreciate the thumb control because like a cruise control, it sets a fixed throttle PPM signal that eases motor testing (amps drawn at fixed PPM setting). Would it be possible to have both throttle and thumb control and to select the one you want or like a car cruise control (where an action on the brakes disables the control), the thumb control could override a released throttle at zero volt ?
I appreciate the flash light for the dawn sessions in order not to forget anything on the spot.

1 Like

Flashlight only draws power. For what reason however. In the night with such a flash light? I would attach my 1000lumen light ontop of the board if I would go foiling in the night. You dont want to drive over a nightswimmer for sure but you wont see him with this tiny flashlight. Also things ins inconvenient.

I wouldn’t need 1000 lumens just the light power of a smartphone (50 lm?) to illuminate one’s path and to make sure that nothing is forgotten around the car. I would just appreciate not to use my smartphone.

@JamieJiang do you already know, when the remote will be available?

Further a safety feature would be great! If the controller gets submerged or gets a shock the power should from the battery should be cut off.

Best regards

@JamieJiang Any updates on this project? Some of us are planning purchase decisions for new builds!

Look at my thread FelixRemote. Im making some great updates this week. Have a look.

Br
Felix