Flipsky VESC + Metr.at

Thank you. I rewired everything like you and I wasn’t able to get the VESC to do anything. Did you have to configure it or anything? I guess when I had my skateboard I had to run configs to sense the motor. I guess I’ll do that!

Metr is plug and works.
And the Vesc has to be configured.
And i die FW Update

Which firmware are you using?

3.6.2 no hw limits
20 char

Hey Guys , have any of you tried this ESC now and can report back? I have been thinking wether to buy 1 or not. Could you advise what voltage you are using and what sort of current it has been handling. I think there have been some mixed messages about wether it is a suitable option to achive FOC control and handle the current (within its specs ofcourse).
The question has to be asked aswell, how do the specs match up to what has been seen in real life testing.

Cheers!

Yes, it works, Kinda. Link

@V_S - thanks for the tests and reviews - I love the ‘Kinda’ Comment!
@tylerclark did you manage to get this going yet? Any reviews?

I just received the Flipsky 200 Amp VESC water cooled. I know nothing about vesc except for what I read today. The Metr.at device, is that just a blue tooth communication device, with a application that runs on your phone? Does the VECS tool do about the the same thing. I see GPS data in your logged data. Where does that data originate.

Just now seeing this. Did you have a chance to program the VESC? I can’t seem to get it right. I pull the Maytech trigger and it gets to over 50% before it starts and when it does it’s full blast. I’ve tried running the wizards but it keeps complaining about fireware versioning. I’m not even yet to the point of using the Metr.at device until I get this VESC programmed.

But you test in air or under load under water? Because in air this would be normal behaviour unless you restrict ERPM…

I was searching around for someone having the same issue I am. I have never used a VESC until today.

I have the Flipsky 200 A VESC connected to a 7S battery., and a 65161 120KV Flipsky motor. Using VESC tool connected via USB. Using a simple PPM receiver.

When I get to the setup input, 50% of the time it tells me I need to update to the latest firmware. After completing the setup input when I pull the trigger nothing happens until I am 30% on my way to full. Then the motor runs at full speed. The motor is unloaded in air.

I see Yargaroo says this is normal and it has to do with ERPM. I will see what I can learn, but I would be interested in hearing more.

I think I just found what I was looking for here. Anybody used VESC with Flying Rodeo motor? - Electronics (ESC, remote, batteries) - FOIL.zone

I am still struggling with my VESC setup.
Flipsky 200 A VESC, 65161 120 KV flipsky motor, Maytech V2 remote. In the Setups wizard, what are people using for “Control Type”?

2 Likes

I am struggling too, just got my FSESC 200A vesc6 with Flipsky vx2 remote and 65161 motor. Trying with 6s battery. From this motor i got only a buzz… Tried the vesc tool, the free one, but i got intimidated with all the warning not daring to update the firmware so now i wait for some help. I also tried the motor with the flier 400A esc and some old remote. It works but is intermittent at least rotates at a low rpm. I programmed the lipo cell number to 6 but i dont know how many pole pairs the motor got… This would be the debut in the efoil project…

You can update the FW from ESC, I just did so. Chose the correct one and all should be fine.

Have a look here, doc from Flipsky page

1 Like

Thank you a lot, it worked it seems, everything is green. But the motor still not spinning, only a buzz. Tried 56114 ss motor. it’s spinning with one speed it seems. I might need some settings for the 65161 100kv.

Did you try the auto detect?

Yes, it worked, thank you a lot ! Now i need to tweak the remote as it seems there is only on or off…

Go for duty cycle no reverse. However for water testing try current again

1 Like

How do you waterproof your remote? :slight_smile:

Not yet… Will put in a bag…