Flipsky or Maytech. What to go with?

The ESC should come matched to the motor and should just work if both come from flipsky.
There is also a programming box for them and enough knowledge here to make the programming easy of you need to.

I decide to build a second configuration with a flipspky 65161 wi the my existing Flier Boat 400 ESC. I hope it works…

No it won’t work. About 5 or so people have tried and all had issues with the ESC, some have even destroyed the motor. It’s much better and cheaper to just get the seal 300a ESC from flipsky and then everything works properly.

really? but I read that some have success now with that configuration? :thinking:

Or wich VESC works perfect with this motor?

The ZTW Seal 300A (continuous) sold by Flipsky, ReacherTech and Maytech for their 65150 motor seems to be tailored for the job (300A cont, 1000A burst, true 14s, true 8#AWG wires to battery AND motor, automatic motor timing in default mode, 289usd …Without the comfort of the VESC tools. and not so many feedbacks with the 65161 motor at the moment though:
[Edit: @virus and @MikeL here are successfully using this 300A rebranded version by Maytech in a waterproof case]

Similar in price with 269usd on flipsky.net [Edit: or 190usd via Banggood] , Flipsky also highlights its 200A VESC6 (1) tested by Volker (800A burst - 12s max voltage (Credit @Flightjunkie)) product frequently mentioned on this forum since May 2019. Not many feedback either with the 65161 motor.
(1) some doubts about the 200A cont current : New 200A Vesc based Flipsky ESC - #3 by tylerclark - Electronics (ESC, remote, batteries) - FOIL.zone.
but eventually tested at 180A continuous motor current by Volker with a 80100 motor
Volker’s Build - 80100 18650-30Q - #117 by V_S - Builds - FOIL.zone

https://flipsky.net/collections/efoil-products/products/high-current-fsesc-200a-60v-base-on-vesc6

If you already have the flier ESC is would say try it with the new firmware. Mine works perfectly. I can’t explain why others are still having problems. Maybe because my battery is 14s it works for me.

But, I agree with @Jezza that you shouldn’t buy the flier ESC for this motor when the opto seal 300amp is designed for it. But, I wouldn’t go as far as to say the flier ESC will destroy your motor. We don’t know yet if @Jsonnett 's motor is damaged or not.

The flier 400a ESC works well with my Flipsky 65161 120kv motor on the new “BuartLowKvMotor” firmware.

I emailed them asking if that VESC would work with 14s. And they said no. I think they have had too many fry.

Hi,

actually i tested the FSESC 200A from Flipsky with 100kv motor. In air w/o prop. Worked fine so far:

Cant wait to test with load. Still I am concerned about the corrosionx discussion wehter to fill or not.

Regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan,

Mind sharing your electrical parameters with other members using the Flier ESC ? like timing …

Hi,

sorry for confusion, but i don not use flier esc. i use following:

https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/high-current-fsesc-200a-60v-base-on-vesc6

Yeah, I mean I got this :slight_smile:

I ordered same esc, but other members are strugling to run this motor on Flier ESC, maybe they can try your parameters on their esc (like the timing) and see if it can work ?

Oh sure. let me check the values in the next days! Are VESC and ESC parameters comparable?

1 Like

For the one’s interested by the Flipsky 200A FSESC who haven’t bought it yet, there is also this source at a different price : 190usd

1 Like

What is your prop and what will be your 200A FSESC settings in water ?
For memory purpose, here are @V_S ones with a 80100 outrunner motor:
Battery Current max 80A, Motor Current max 130A, FOC mode.

This 80100 is a different motor but compatible with @Jezza’s currents values collected for his Maytech 120KV with a 12s battery.

1 Like

So then all products I mentioned in first and second message from Flipsky is perfect solution as far as I understand. Could you tell what battery configuration is best for this build?

Well, the VESC has different BLDC modes and configurable variable timing (linear ramp with respect to rpm).
Still most people use the VESC in FOC mode, because it is more quiet, more efficient and smoother. No current Flier Hardware is able to do FOC (yet).
So there wont be any nice parameters to share. At least not for ESC tuning.

I have not reached the point yet to think about this. I am in the middle of board build. At the moment I just have the Yamaha 3.5 ps prop (advertised from maytech on their side back in the days) which I bought on eBay for couple of bucks. If the system will work properly I will probably go for FR prop. For settings in water I might align with @V_S.

Hi @efoilbuilsmylife

could you share some pics of your build?

Thanks!

Take care man, I am not an admin but you look like a Maytech spy agent. You say out loud Maytech is the best but when someone asks you for a simple question about your build we get no response at all ?
Spamming the threads with unverified statements is dangerous… We are trying to build and learn, not to be pushed to buy something.

4 Likes