Flipsky 100kv flier esc Holland build

I wasnt sure if i was going to use this for permanently for the efoil project or keep it as my SUP Surf foil. I think im going to stick with it now though and have been meaning to run them internally just havent gotten around to it yet. I have been foiling at a probably 14mph cruise at like 40A with the solas prop even with the wires like this but agree that it must be causing alot of drag

1 Like

Maybe that sound is from the bearings because of the higher load from the new prop? Do you also hear it when you run the prop out of the water? After one water test with my flipsky it is also louder than before. For me it sounds like a bearing problem but I am not sure if that is possible.

Possibly. I did notice though that the sound seems to go away at higher throttle where the higher load is and it started immediately after swapping props. I wonder if it might just be out of balance or something and the sound is from some weird harmonic vibration within a specific rpm range.

1 Like

Hard to comment on the sound without hearing it.

But, the bearings are good Japanese NSK bearings. They will be fine under the load. You will feel wobble in the shaft as the bearings wear out which will take many, many hours of foiling. Easy to obtain and swap bearings.

I wouldnā€™t worry about themā€¦as long as youā€™ve filled your motor with corrosionX! :wink::rofl:

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

You can also purchase this prop made by an American manufacturer for $64. I like the nice glossy black powder coated finish on this prop from Michigan Wheel.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna take a stab and say itā€™s either the prop or your foil. On a very outside note, check to see if your motor pod is slightly loose on you mastā€¦

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-Engine-Aluminum-Propeller-Outboard/dp/B07FF4YNB4/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=4hp+yamaha+propeller&qid=1581612186&sr=8-7
ā€¦a link for US builders who want to try this prop without waiting for it to come from China.

2 Likes

Can you send me the link of the prop and how did you mount it on?

Thanks

And could I have the mast clamp files please :blush:

I have a Gong foil and 65161 120KV motor. I was wondering if you would share your mast clamp?

Dang. Wish I saw this before waiting 3 weeks to get this prop from china! Now we just need to find an amazon seller for the flipsky VESC. Ive been waiting like a month for mine to show up. Anyone else sketched out about getting a Chinese part in with CoronaVirus?

Just drilled the hub out slightly larger so it would fit on the motor shaft. Then I cut a groove in the front side of the hub for the motor pin to fit in. Cut it just deep enough to sink the entire diameter of the pin in. I tried using an endmill in my drill press which was a fail so I just switched over to a dremel like @Louis. Take your time though. If thereā€™s too much slop, the pin could slam around in there and wollow (is that a word?) out your groove and it will slowly destroy itself. If I were to do it again I would also only drill out the hole just enough so that the shoulder of the motor shaft sits on the shoulder of the drilled hole in the prop hub and keeps the axial load off of the pin.

Here are my files. Cant guarantee that they will fit your mast though. The rear fairing between motor and prop should work for you. (remember to only cut the pin groove just deep enough to fit the entire pin).

Prop Fairing: Fusion

Mast Clamp: Fusion
Fusion

3 Likes

Thanks perfect answer

I think getting Corona virus from packages is not possible. The virus should die right?

Iā€™ve been taught today it tan survive up to 10 days in the packageā€¦

Iā€™am not opening anything before 10 days when receiving it from CN anymoreā€¦

But it seems there are many different opinion on the question

um ok i odered a lot of drones and opened them immedialty. this was 2 weeks ago im still not sick

I did the same. Ordered 4 Emax motors for drone and opened them 2 weeks ago. Wonā€™t take the risk againā€¦

It seems like Most efoilers are also droning! Good flight Gentlemen.

1 Like

Thanks, I like the design of the mast clamp but your mast profile is different than my Gong Mast. Is your mast shape that way, because your running the wires on the outside of the mast?

I think we are screwed either way. 68000 people have the virus. How can that ever be stopped? My only hope is that the summer temperatures kill it, or we find a cure, or that Europeans might be genetically more immune. It seems so contagious! 14 days of illness plus It can spread 14 days before and after you felt symptoms. A bad combination if that is true.