Flightjunkie's first e-foil build

Hey Everyone!!! I’m one of FlightJunkies build partners. Here is are Prototype Board. Shaped at 5’-4” x 29” x 5 1/4”.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Nice board, could you use metric numbers please :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea. Yea…thanks for making fun of us Americans and our inferior measuring system! :rofl:

@Rienk This should help! :beers::call_me_hand:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=5'+4"+in+cm

1 Like

Thank you :rofl: I realy like the shape of your board!

2 Likes

how many amp you used in this ride for foiling? 30 amp?

Where did you get the hatch?

Hi flighjunky

Nice
Build

I’m facing issue with my box, always some
Water inside. Not a big deal because every things is under other smaller boxes however I’m thinking to move to an other approach using similar boat door as your.

Can you tell me dimension of your white box/price

I was thinking about a box around 36/60cm for all my gears.

Second point my apm engine did not resist to the water proof so I’m thinking to pick up a flipsky, i
Guess I have the same flier esc400 amp aluminum waterproof box. Did you face any issue between esc and the flier ESC?

Keep in touch
Benjamin.R

Question: on the bud industries waterproof box: can you share the penetrators you are using?

Second question: on the motor, are you using the yamaha shaft style with the shear pin or the threaded style?

Third question: did you happen to look inside the motor? Is it good quality? Does it have proper bearings and seals? What kind of bearings?

I’ve only done a few test rides. Have not recorded data yet.

Other have with this motor. Amp draw depends on a lot of factors. The higher your voltage the less your amps. With 14s battery I expect 20-40 amps while on foil and a max amp draw of around 150amps under load.

I will post data when I get my board together and up and running.

:call_me_hand:

I got the hatch from the marine supply store. Out here the store is West Marine.

It’s a boat deck hatch. Should be easy to find.

Turns out I just used this hatch and waterproof box for testing. My board build I plan to make it like the Lift board.

See my reply above about the hatch.

As far as the flier 400amp ESC and 65161 motor…search my posts, and YouTube videos. All the information is on this forum. It works now with the “B uart low kv motor” firmware. But, I would suggest a different ESC if you haven’t bought the flier yet.

I just use standard waterproof wire glands. Not sure I understand what you are asking!

Awesome build, it’s coming together nicely. I have the same idea as you, starting a build in the winter ready for summer.
As far as motor/ Kv rating / voltages, maybe this has been covered but given that the motor can handle 20s why don’t people opt for the lower kv for more torque yet up the voltage to 16s or 20s to maintain higher speed. Plus lower amps drawn. Isn’t it gearing in principle or am I missing something.

1 Like

There is a safety issue that can’t be neglected! Above 14s it can be hazardous to work and operate your efoil. Plus, some set ups already go above 50kmh on 14s… How fast do you want to go lol?

1 Like

14s is about the safe voltage limits. Anything over about 50 volts could kill you. Especially in water, or if your wet. Fresh water is more dangerous then salt water.

Basically, the current increases with higher voltage and constant propellers !!!

Best regards Frank

im diffrent opinion salt water is way more conuductive then normal water. The cleaner the water the more resitance it has

1 Like

That is exactly why salt water is safer. The electricity will travel through the water.

WOW i didnt know that

good that i am running on 14s

I already thouched 80v dc wires. Its not that bad AC is worse. However i dont think that i will ever get into contact with my motor cabels.

1 Like