Electric Surfboard Project

Hello, I’m Gabe Vianna and I’m trying to figure out how to build an electric surfboard. I know this is an efoil forum but the concept is more or less the same. My goal is to have a board that can easily plane above the water at around 10mph in 1-2ft waves. I looked around and found some parts that might do the job I don’t know how much power I’ll need or if I’ve got the right electronics so I’d like to hear your opinions about the setup. The motor and ESC are sourced from Alien Power Systems with the motor being an 83100SW 7000W brushless motor at 130 kV. It’s a large motor but I’m planning on doing a direct drive system so I think I need the extra torque. The ESC is an Alien 300A 3-12s ESC. Again I’m not sure if this is adequate or overkill. I’m planning on running a 6.5-inch diameter prop which will be 3D printed. Larger proper might be better due to the high torque output from the motor. The system will run on 12s and I’ll be buying several 4500mAh 6s 60c batteries from amazon and wiring them in series. I’m not sure but 8 batteries in pairs of 2 might be enough. (gives me 18,000mAh) I have an old SUP board that is in rough shape which I can mount the electronics to however it is a very large and heavy board and ill have a very rough time steering it and it might be slow. I’m thinking that buying an old surfboard and modifying it is a better bet.

Motor:

ESC:

I have an electric jet board and go well over 10 mph with it.
It is a shortened 9ft soft wave surfboard (it has been cut down to just under 200cm)

The board has 2 motors (Surpass hobby 56102 600KV) 2 ESC’s (Flier. Model: ESC 240 16S) and 2 jets!.

I get about 10 minutes of fast riding with it. I’m using per motor 3 in pair 6S 4500 mAh lipos

I’m now building V2 of the board… Making / shaping my own board.
It will be even shorter (around 170cm) but wider at the back, and have 18650 cells (12S12P config).
The jets/motors will be the same. ESC’s I am not sure about. I might change to Flipsky High Current FSESC 200A 60V ESC’s

The board does love amps and watts :frowning:
The shown measurements are from a watt meter between one of the lipos (Again… Results are from 1 lipo)

6S setup. <<
3.736 Ah (Amp Hours)
78.1 Wh (Watt Hours)
36.03 Ap (Peak Amps)
20.80 Vm (Voltage Minimum)
842.6 Wp (Peak Watts)

Thanks for the reply,

So you have 6 lipos 3 per jet drive and they are wired in series or parallel?

I have 2 motors / jets.
Each motor has 3 6S lipos in parallel.