Efoil V3 - STL files for Gong foil and Flipsky motor 12mm - Parts list - Schematics

@jeffM great thread here. I have a few questions for you (or others) as I embark on my first build.

• exactly what foil did you use from gong? looks like XL but Im confused on their webpage options and the differences between S?UP/Kite/Surf?
    -has anyone created fusion SLT files for the gong mast with pacificmeister’s SSS motor?
2 Likes

Hi, this is the XL curve wingfoil ( carbon aluminum) you will find the link in my excel file above

Here schematics

13 Likes

Part list plus wiring diagram = good job ! :+1:

1 Like

Does anyone have the flipsky motor 12mm file in .step ?

18650 build finished, and tested today, very Happy.
it’s samsung 30q 12S/10P with BMS

spotweler and charger

busbar:

BMS connection :

3 Likes

tested today with the Autumn colors :slight_smile:
ride time : 1H15
max temp : 45 C
Amp average : 18A

swimming fins and other prop into the bag :slight_smile:

And I lent my E-foil V3 to my friend and took back my e-foil V1

15 Likes

18Amps?! What motor and wing are you using?

1 Like

Flipsky 120kv, Gong XL Curve (1st post :wink:)
If I analyse correctly, the 20+% amp gain comes from a more triangular prop blade shape:

@jeffM, I find really interesting that your kill switch did not show any kind of damage on your V1 and V3 ESCs.
To know what to expect from a Gong XL Curve, what are now your take-off and max speed (even if speed is not your goal) ? Did you find/borrow a L or M Gong Curve to test/feel differences ?
Compared to the direct drive simplicity of the V3, what differences do you notice when you ride the geared V1 efoil again ? Would you build a geared efoil again or not worth the extra hassle ?

1 Like

ok, the XL explaines the low current rating.

Gong doesn’t stock any xl wing anymore I have been looking for it for a while now

with the curve I don’t no exactly the speed for the take off (I will look at my GPS for the next ride) I think 13/14 km/h and Vmax 25km/h after there is a whistling certainly due to stab, and I don’t like the noise when I ride.
Never test L or M gong curve but I ride with a ketos foil with cruiser / wave XL and fr2
and the XXL curve start really earlier. But I tried it on a kitefoil, and it’s not very fun “pleasant”
it’s too big.
V1 more power but more noise, and more complicated for construction.
if i build a new one it will be with an engine like the flypsky

2 Likes

I check my GPS for my last ride yesterday, lower speed 11 km/H

1 Like

Could you share current pick to go on the wing in this config and yours weight? Your board still 24kg?

SoEFoil wrote:
If I analyse correctly, the 20+% amp gain comes from a more triangular prop blade shape:

=> the gain 23A to 18A comes : new prop diam 132mm old 125mm
and i sanding the trailing edge (more sharp). I don’t think the shape improved
efficiency. Because I tried to do the same :slight_smile: but you’re right it’s not realy the same
it’s more triangular but it’s exactly the same blade.
On the first propeller I had done a “dirty job” :slight_smile: , I had a slightly different blade
look on the picture of the lower blade

and also I sanded the cone at the base of the blades

I look forward to receiving the aluminum propeller from FR to compare the efficiency and install the swirlcone from cim96dm7

1 Like

@jeffM did you ever have to widen the hole in the back mast clamp? I have 3 8awg wires that I am trying to fit through this back mast clamp from the flipsky motor and it seems to be too tight of a fit.

1 Like

No I didn’t need to widen the hole
it’s tight but it works with 3 8awg cables
I got the stl from the forum
if i remember correctly it was robert’s creation @nice2cu
he can answer if he reads this post

Hi, which one you are using?

I am using the flipsky 65161/gong mast mount. My motor has these connectors on the end that are the issue, were these connectors on your flipsky motors?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry but you must cut off the plugs.
You will also not have luck when you want to thread through the mast :wink:

2 Likes