eFoil dude from Finland

Excellent work and great craftsmanship with that gearbox solution. I have had to change my foil angle of attack as it was pointing down slightly so hopefully out to test again this weekend.

Great Job and work on both solutions.
Can you tell us what propeller size you used? Did you try several sizes?
Thanks.

First I tried the pacificmeister Prop_rev3_3blade.stl but that had too much pitch for the timing belt reduction. The gear ratio with timing belt was only 2.4:1 so the prop had ~8000rpm @ 12s and 390kv motor. So I changed the pitch editing the pacificmeister prop by turning the blades 20% from the hub, not sure if this corresponds to 20% lower pitch.

Now I’m still using the lower pitch version with the current metabo gearbox setup (ratio 4.5:1 prop rpm ~4000). I think that I could now go back to the original pacificmeister design have much more power if needed.

I’m planning to make my own waterproof remote with oled display and I will add Frsky S.Port support to the receiver so I can connect all the sensors (Current, Voltage, GPS, RPM, etc.) and send the info to the remote display to monitor the values. But this I’m planning to do during the winter time.

Hi @Foxyirish1987

I got a confirmation of the metabo gearbox and indeed it’s from the GB 18 LTX BL Q I Cordless tapper.
Spare parts search Position-15.

2 Likes

Hi! Nice work! Great to see that someone in Jyväskylä is building an efoil. Would be great to network with you locally.
I’m sure we can spot 4 local kitefoil guys with interest to efoils. Barrier of entry has just been too high for rest of us.

Maybe joining forces locally would speed things up…

Yes sure, please send me contact info or PM.

Great, Could not find pm-option nor your email, mine is sami.sivonen[at]gmail.com

You can find local kite/surf people from JyväsSurf&Kite-facebook group.

Hello
can you enumerate the things recovered on the gearbox of the Metabo ?

I have used the next parts from the metabo gearbox.

1. Sun gear (pinion)
  2. Thin metal plate under planetary gears.
  3. Planetary gears (3pcs)
  4. Planetary gear bearings (3pcs)
  5. Hardened dowel pins from planetary gears (3pcs)
  6. Ring gear
1 Like

ok thanks for the info

@kaalepson hello
I am very much interested in your Super chief. Please send me the price by mp. I am located in the South of France so just a snow ball throw away from you :wink:

do the 3 planetary gears have bearings

Hi philippe,

Yes of course they have bearings I forgot that from the listing. Now it’s added there thanks for the info.

1 Like

this pinion was found on the Metabo? sorry for all his questions because I have to buy a box Metabo but before spending money I must make sure that I can make the missing parts by someone

Yes that’s from metabo gearbox.

1 Like