Efoil build using drill gearbox

Hello mp105
I do not understand your editing on your file attached, I do not see the gears for the reduction, can you explain me, thank you

I didn’t draw the gear details as you don’t need them. You just need the ring gear and bushing and bearing sizes to be able to machine a housing that’s why they are not there.

2 Likes

hello mp105
Do you have more photos of your equipment on the Metabo gearbox in detail?

Hi there don’t have many photos but Kaalepson design is similar to mine. I have attached a photo of my gearbox body. This bolts to the motor and the ring gear for the gearbox is a press fit into the machined bore on the other end. The gear box is driven by an adapter which is in the fusion files which has an 8mm bore for motor shaft and 3 holes on a 20mm PCD which the drive gear presses onto.

3 Likes

Up on the foil for the first time. Still a few niggly issues but looks promising.
Video here if interested.

3 Likes

Do you have any new updates of your build ? Have you been successfully riding your build ?

Been successfully riding it had around 3hrs ride time so far. Main problems have been keeping water out of the electronics. Just stripped the motor pod down and gearbox still looks good. Had small amount of water which was causing the motor to cut out leaking through the printed foil clamp.

2 Likes

360 video foiling

4 Likes

Still trying to decide for sure if I want to do a geared or direct drive motor, and I’m curious if your drill gearbox is still working? The geared drive would be a lot cheaper if your solution works!

Yes still going strong had over30hrs ride time with it so far. However am switching to a maytech direct drive as I feel that having less moving parts will help with efficiency and long term reliability

1 Like