eFoil Battery Packs

Have you ordered from Fogstar before? Are they legit? I need some 30q’s.

I bought 500 25R’s from them. Built a 8S4P for my skateboard, a 12s14p for my foil and some other batteries for friends.

3 Likes

Yes, you can connect two batteries in parallel, each with their own bms. They will balance, and battery with lower voltage will charge at max charge rate that its bms allows. You don’t need additional bms.
If you connect two batteries without bms, each battery at different voltage, you will probably blow or damage one or both batteries if there is big difference in voltage. Energy transfer would happen immediately, and batteries could not handle it.

Perfect -

On a tangent but related note, if the ESC is capable of attaching to multiple cells, does it make more sense to just connect to each cell vs. putting them in parallel? Then the ESC cuts off the specific cell if the voltage is too low. For charging purposes, keep them in parallel so only have to hook up 1 charger…

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out what type,model of battery and charger would be more suitable and/or compatible for my build, with the parts you can see in the picture that I have already bought. I am not an expert myself, so anyone that has succeded can help. I approximately would like the battery to last up to 50-60mins. Also I am wondering what would be best a custom build one or a premade? I unfortunately cannot order from China or USA as the customs fees are extremely high and my budget is not that big.
However, I have plenty of space on the board for the battery. Please let me know of any cheap batteries and chargers that could work with the build.
Thanks in advance
George , Greece

I have almost the same setup as you.

I use 4 of these (actually on sale right now):

And this:

The charger is good since it charges two batteries at a time and have an onboard powersupply. Takes about 2-3h to charge the four lipo batteries.

1 Like

Hey Guys, what do ye think of this?

Would it work?

Or they have:

Price doesn’t seem that bad considering it comes with BMS, Batterys & Charger c/w free delivery to Ireland.

Thoughts?

Any update or purchase links>?