eFoil Battery Packs

Nice pack !

Is it Pa12 Gf20 or Pa6 CF35 ? I assume injection molded. I was picturing a similar casing / approach.

Pa6 CF35 injection molded yes

1 Like

Any idea when it will be ready ? Also, where are you located ?

No idea yet when it will be readyā€¦ I hope to have it available as a complete battery by May or June but wonā€™t promisesā€¦ Tests and certifications and possible issues could delay thatā€¦ The casing would be available by April should I decide to sell them as diy kits.

2 Likes

Impressive battery pack !
How did you make the enclosure ?
Plastic injection ?

A really nice battery pack. Selling it without cells would be a strong point as you wouldnā€™t have to deal with national regulation aspects.

Yes it has taken some time. I was wondering when would the Mantafoil crew be part of the adventure - so much progress since the MakaĆÆra ! Congrats and welcome !
Any plan for a decent waterproof remote, available to DiYers, that wouldnā€™t need waterproofing before its first use ?

1 Like

There is already the maytech which is decent for basic DIY.
Yes I am working on a remote also.
I have few ideas for DIY teamsā€¦
At early times of kitefoil we made available aluminum extrusions for masts and many enjoy it ā€¦ For efoil I have some ideasā€¦
Work in progress canā€™t say much yetā€¦

Also working on a complete efoil of courseā€¦

I had a quick look at figures for the casing alone and I could offer it in the range of 300 USD + shipping.
I would include the amphenol connectors, seal, screws, and cover.

will do more clear calculation once ready.

1 Like

What are the dimensions of the case?

This is a very good price! Considering those amphenol connectors price tag! I would by a prototype right now if you have one for test and evaluation. I am working on aluminum housing for better thermals. Most of those performance 18560 cells life cycle depends On keeping their core temp below 25 degree Celsius. Otherwise cells degrade very fast. Thats how EV packs get very long life span

Fair price. hurry up and take my money

the internal dimension for the pack to fit (excluding wires at the front): 270x260x85mm.
the 270 is length towards the connectors (front to back of case)

what is the exterior height?

External dimensions at widest 320x300x95mm

Do you mean 2 pairs ie 2 x both male and female ?

No just the casing ones, or sockets. But will also separately offer plugs only and plugs with wiresā€¦

[Edit] Amphenol SurLok series presented post 326 must be preferred to the ā€œQuick-Lokā€ series (more mating cycles). What follows is kept for information purpose.

In fact, those amphenol Quick-Lok connectors are not so expensive:
Two possibilities: 130A and 180A sockets - 130A continuous battery current should be enough.
130A, 35mm2 section:

180A, 50mm2 section:

Other links:
Amphenol: Quick Lok Connectors (price upon quote)
Mouser.com (25usd/ā‚¬) or mouser.de

Example for 180A, 8mm OD cables, 50mm2 section. US and EU price for a pair of black and orange sockets (solder pins ATHP041P08NN-H1)

2 Likes

We use different variantā€¦ The 120A continuous rating socket holes distance 18mm

RS electronics has them for Ā±Ā£8 a socket and Ā±Ā£15 for the lead connector. Free next day shipping in UK.

1 Like