eFoil Battery Packs

Some people even twist + and - to get ride off spikes … this has been proven
I think size and closeness are even more important than length

With a well designed ESC this becomes irrelevant. It’s already been proven that you can run 2m power leads with negligible difference on the endless sphere forum. Most guys here will be running leads shorter than 20cm so there’s no issue at all. I have run builds with and without extra caps and there was no real difference in the ripple current and voltage spikes.

1 Like

Plus bms should have pre discharge control which slowly charges all capacitance and inductance in the path until it reaches the pack voltage.

Today I did a quick video of the spark free battery connection…

Battery volt efoil test spark free

1 Like

battery casing will soon be available.
those interested can message me.
price will be as follows:

• complete casing with the 2 amphenol connectors: 340 USD + shipping
  • casing without the 2 amphenol connectors: 310 USD + shipping.

I hope to be able to ship first units around march 21st.

I am already using the first 2 sample units for myself and they work so far great.
as an extra safety I have filled the casing with epoxy. I plan also to test filling them with special 2 component silicon in order to keep so flexibility and dampen possible minor shocks.

casing can accomodate 12S14P, 13S13P, 14S12P

Maybe make a new post with basic dimensions. Then it will be easier for many to see and won’t be lost in the middle of this thread.

For those that are capable, here are some battery cases that may be able to be waterproofed easily:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000402408207.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.19.540261daruxapn

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32883547064.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.e0284dbcrtAWNa

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000401676119.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.9.e0284dbcrtAWNa

If they were well sealed with silicone and the surelok connectors used they might work well.

2 Likes

Cheap and good option for 8p configuration. NUmber of cells you can fit in is not much unless if you use tow in parallel.

hello,

I have added a section to the mantafoils site for ordering the available DIY products.

mantafoils efoil parts link here

3 Likes

QQ

Does anyone know what connectors are used between the Lift efoil motor and the Lift ESC?

Couldn’t find them for sale but they might be custom made too.
Why not just using the amphenol connectors samisin and matafoil speaked about ? I am going to use those one personally…

1 Like

Do you have the cad files for the board? what size it is ?

Hey George, is it required to use a gearbox with the sss motor?

Might be replying a bit late. This is a three year old design so quite dated. A board with the battery placed so much forward is less manoeuvrable.
Today, to decrease the swing effect, we know that the battery centre of gravity needs to be placed between the rider’s feet.

1 Like

Hi, wanted to do a sanity check before ordering EUR350 worth of batteries.
Any feedback appreciated.
Wanted to go with 2 Lipo packs in series (2x 6s) for my first built. Got a Flipsky 65161 120kv rated Peak Current 200A, and a Flipsky High Current FSESC 200A 60V ESC (burst current 800A). Just wondering what C rating will be sufficient in a battery pack. Looking at these options, which too me looks like they could both do the job, but wanted to make sure;

1 Like

Many builders started with Turnigy 6S, they work but many also swelled after some time or when discharged too low. They are aloso more like 5C. I got a set of 2x 20Ah and an older one 2x16Ah The 16Ah has the same or slightly more capacity. Better invest in some 18650 Samsung30Q cells and build a pair of 2x6S or 2x7S with balancing cables. They last longer and you can buil a 10-12p which gives you 3 to 3.6Ah and a max. discharge current 150-180A.

2 Likes

I never thought about using Lipos in my efoil.
Today I got 100 18650Q30 Cells from Nkon.
I build with theme my second 7S14P Akkupack and connect it serial with the other 7S14P Pack together.

Can’t wait to see how fast you go with a 7S 28P battery!
I think you meant connect in parallel :wink:

No, he’s correct. He’d want to connect in series. Unless he wants the biggest gauge wires in his setup lol. But yes, you should consider building your own pack. I wish I did.

Jezza, think and write and not fight!!!

1 Like