Dutch Build mostly from scratch

you are going for jetdrive? Impeller looks like the one from my data? Happy to see it if true.

Initially going for jetdrive since I like the sleekness and safety of it. All the parts will be integrated into the fuselage and besides the large fuselage diameter not be visible as a efoil.
It actually isn’t yours but could be close. The one in the photo is a 63mm pitch 56mm impeller I also have a bunch more in different pitches.

Nice. Concerning your Impeller, you should make the hubdiameter at the end bigger so that you have better flow and compression

Thanks for the tip! I can modify the design to accommodate that and run a few prints. My first iteration was as simple as possible to run a bunch of tests to find the best pitch for the impeller and rotor and from there play with geometry to further finetune the design.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you printing these out of? ASA?

Simply PLA which is baked afterwards. This should give similar properties to abs.
I’ll run this for trials and get more professional prints/ machined parts/ metal prints once I’m happy with the configuration.

Thx. I didn’t have much success with PLA props, and mechanical parts. Mine was too brittle, and sensitive to temperature. I’m experimenting with other filaments.

Getting some small stuff done like hacking betaflight to make the arming and failsafe work the way I want. Now I can arm by tapping a magnet to a reed switch (can program how long) and failsafe is handled correctly so if I fall off the board, lose connection or anything else happens the board will stop.
This would also work for a reedswitch killswitch like most are running just needs some small changes. One could also use the ‘double arm’ function in Betaflight to have both a reed switch killswitch and a tap a remote to the deck/ electronics casing to arm.
This lets me connect everything at the car and walk down to the water without any issues. When I then tap the remote to the electronics casing the board will be armed and stuff will happen.

Fuselage body is done (minus anodising)! So of course I had to throttle up the motor with everything installed. The print on the shaft has too much play so there is some wobble. I discovered this disappears at sufficiently high RPM. The lip seals I am using however don’t like to run dry at those RPM’s (don’t know if they’re made for that. So got to replace those and grease her up before doing this again. Hopefully next time will be in the water trying out different impeller/ stator combos.

2 Likes

How is your build comming along?