Daniels (un)geared inflatable (slowly built)

Very nice. We can see the NACA airfoil section for the six ribs. Which section did you use for the main shroud ?

I should have stated that the duct itself is not my work it’s @pacificmeister’s parametric duct, I just adapted it to fit my prop. I looked it up in the file, it’s a naca0012 profile, 6mm thick.

1 Like

Hey Daniel,
thats looking amazing!
I tried to find that inflatable board you are using from aliexpress, but could not find it.
Do you got a link to it?

Daniel. What is the size of the lid (the round one), and did you make this or is it a commercial one? The biggest commercial round lid I found was 8". Unfortunately way to small for what I need it.

It’s from alibaba, I got a prototype for 210$ plus shipping to CH (95$) plus tax = 350$ in total

Thank you a lot!

20 Characters

It is 8” from ali express, opening is 180mm and it is 100% waterproof.

US $8.81 37% Off | 4 Inch/6 Inch/8 Inch Anti-slip Hand Hole Plastic Round Marine Boat RV Hatch Cover White/Black Screw Out Deck Inspection Plate
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXJxKRW

It was the biggest one I could find, you need to split the battery to fit in.

Thanks Daniel. Yes I’ve seen the 8" versions. Unfortunately they are to small for my jetboard. I’m now using a PVC draining cover. The hole is 9 1/2 ". It works perfect (100% watertight), but looks so ugly.

you could put some pva anti slip pad on it.

1 Like

Finished the new duct, need to test it but it should be OK.

6 Likes

Weight per part.
To see the potential for weight reduction, I weighted the separate parts.
You can see that the board, top plate/box plus front bottom plate are ok (weight is without batteries).
ESC box with Aluminium passive cooling plate/mast/fuselage pod are too heavy. Wings are on the heavy side too.

Potential for weight reduction:
AS150 as on/off switch instead of forklift relay: 500g
Direct drive instead of geared setup: 2kg for outrunner in wet, 1kg for 65161
Mast/fuselage/wing: 1.5 - 2kg

Replace passive cooling alu plate, and cool with water (no pump): 1kg

The heavy weight has one advantage: It won’t flip over easily so it’s less likely to fall on the mast or wing…

Looks good with the carbon inserts!

This one is 260mm with 203mm opening: Inspection hatch screw lock transparent 203 mm

1 Like

Beware, many reports here that the Osculati’s aren’t water tight. Worth reading for other options:

Well, most of the square have issues but round ones are
more likely to be and the one mentioned was reported to be watertight (in the German speaking group).

Can you give me another hint, which model you choosed? they have 3 models single, double and some special.

Not much choice at the the time, I got a spare prototype, it is single chamber, length is 160cm, width 65cm and thickness 12cm. I would not go longer. The opening should be as far back as possible and rectangular would be better than round as a rectangular box better fits batteries.

1 Like

thank you a lot!

20chars

I get custom size inflatable board, and soon make new efoil with inflatable board. what recommendations can you give? What are the features of inflatable boards?

2 Likes

Lightly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But when you think you save time for not build a board, you spend much more time for the box inside the Inflatable