Crazyfoil Jet Track 2020

Can you share center to center of the mast screws? Wondering if I can use gong mast with it

I got my foil today, quality is really poor.

Surface is coarse and grainy to the point where both lift and drag will be affected.
Trailing edge is buckled
image image
Mast is a symmetric ”window shade” extrusion

It was cheap but this is outrageous. We’ll see how it’s handled by crazyfoil. This is not just a simple mistake or slip in quality control.

Don’t buy these, ever. A chinese foil costs about the same and i wouldn’t be happy with the quality of this wing even if it would cost 100USD. :-1:

Sorry to hear you up the creek without a paddle. Maybe you can still use the mast for a window shade?

Not necessarily an issue. Even if the foil manufacturing quality is obviously (very) poor, this airfoil section is one of the most suited for the air/water interface. Look at this one, it has a slight round leading edge on the left:

NACA 0010-35

1 Like

Ugh, i’ve gotten one faulty motor and one faulty foil in just a week. Not ready to laugh at it, yet. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yeah that super crap! I guess the only positive is that you didn’t pay $6k for a waydoo and bend your mast fist time out!

1 Like

Yes, this extrusion is not something i would be super concerned about normally, slightly higher drag. It’ll be easy to fit wires and i won’t feel like crying when cutting a hole in it. But how the hell can they ship out wings with this status? It’s a bad joke to let people pay for them.

Also, i have a feeling that the aluminum might be the chewing gum type, after all it’s cheaper. thickness is not the only thing that matters.

Oh. These wings are injection molded. Seems material was way to wet during injection

Wow, that is truly ridiculous. Looks like the mast might be the only thing worth it. At $48 for the short one that seems reasonable. Should be easy to get the wires through not having a center support.

Use an iron and baking paper to align the end edge on the wing.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the reply from crazyfoil before doing anything - won’t fix their poor quality.

This was designed for a kitefoil use (). For an efoil one … :thinking:

The only thing I can think of is it was shipped directly from their manufacturer without them ever seeing it. Not an excuse… but I can’t believe a company would ship something like this. With the speed of the internet, their reputation could be ruined in a few days.

Strange…my wings are not like yours :unamused:

No there is no aluminum in the wing…100% plastic

Wow, that is crazy. I will take a closer look at the trailing edge of mine, but all wings were smooth and no obvious defects like that.

The customer service was really good. The missing bolt arrives tomorrow along with a foilmount. In the next week or two I can test this thing out on one of my old surfboards before I finish getting the rest of my build together.

How did they respond to your quality issues?

Have you been able to ride yours yet? How is it holding up?

Yes, please do. Would love to print it have it ready to go.

Will get this measurement in 3 days for you.

1 Like

Good tip! It will be difficult to create a straight edge, might be possible with a shape support on the other side of the wing.