Chinese hydrofoil for efoil?

I am going to have 3 #8 wires and 1 water cooling tube running inside the mast. What would be the best, 4 little holes or one big hole.

Looks like the same as my one. I made one big slot for getting the motor cables through one of the channels in the mast and will make a smaller hole in the other channel for the cooling tube.

You probably all ready know this. I was attempting to model the mast profile for my motor mount. Turns out the mast has a fwd and aft end side. You canā€™t just install it either way. You canā€™t tell by looking at it. It only goes together one way.

So did anyone get charge import duties on the imported foils?

I got charged 20 euros on my one. The guy from Aliexpress put the actual cost as being a lot lower than it was to reduce the import charges as much as possible.

So I saw that you have bought the foil and now have it had delivered what is your overall opinion of the foil regarding build quality, it resembling the described product and how it rides if you have already been riding it?
I would like to hear from you since I am keen on buying this foil since it looks really similar to the slingshot foil which I have been borrowing from a friend and I thus far have had good experiences with it.
So my final question would be if you would recommend this foil?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Hi All, what service did you use to pay for the foils? Trying to find a good service to transfer money with low banking costs etcā€¦

I used alibaba trade assurance, fee was 2.4% of the total amount.

Use the trade assurance!!

I am very happy with the foil. I have never foiled so I have no experience on this subject. It seems very solid. I think it will give a lot of lift at slow speed. Even if everything goes great, it will be a month before I am in the water for the first time. It was easy to get the wires down the mast. I put 2 #8 wires down one channel, and 1 #8, and a 1/4" cooling tube down the other channel. The main body is solid aluminum stock.

I just got the same foil as MAC. Never tried any of this before, including Alibaba and ordering from China. It went very well! 12 days from when I first got in touch with the company and Jenny. 9 days since I sent my payment! $246.00 for the foil, $78.00 shipping, $324.00 total. I asked for and got a 80 cm mast. She is only at work after 11 pm Eastern Standard Time USA so it might take a few days to relay messages, if you donā€™t stay up late. Pretty pleased with it. Whole thing weighs 11.2 lbs or 5.08 kg. The fuselage is the heaviest part, if I get crazy, I might replace it with wood. There is the link again if anyone is interested: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hydrofoil-in-Surfing-plate-base-aluminum_60757436893.html

1 Like

Hi Gentlemen, got the same foil from ICAN.
Iā€™m windfoiling it for now and need two -three washers below the rear mounting screw of the tail wing in order to lift off properly.
Also the rigging angle between foil and board was critical. With the board in normal swimming attitude the foil should be level on the ground (front wing and rear fuselage touching the ground). I had to tilt the foil 5 degree nose up to ensure this, then it lifted off early. Before I had to accelerate significantly to get the board slightly off the water and further increase the angle of attack.

By the way, I have stock of these foils now here in germany. So anybody in need just contact me, can ship within EU and worldwide if needed. Comes as a set with a 90cm and 60cm mast.

Robert

1 Like

if you look down the profile you can tell which is the leading edge and trailing edge, similar to the shape of an airplane wing but double sided to minimize drag

Hi Bob,

I am interested to step on a hydrofoil this summer and I would like to have a wing as soon as possible. I live in Spain. What is your price, any pictures? It will be nice to be able to speak with you since you have experience. I got few questions according to the wings and their performance.

Regards,
Vassil

Hi Vassil,
unfortunately I already paid customs and VAT in germany, so it goes for a little more than when you buy it yourself. send me a message for details.

Best Regards
Robert

@MAC @Matt howā€™s that foil doing? Iā€™m just about to order the same one. Deciding between that one and one with a slightly smaller front wing. This to be exact:

Also what size mast Should I go for? Was thinking 80cm?

Cheers

I am happy with it, I am still in the stage with my build that each time I go out I have some sort of problem. It has lots of lift, seems very solid. Wires fit inside the mast well. If you want to see photos let me know. I have only rode 4 or 5 times, I have only been on my feet 1 time. Getting in the air is no problem. So with my limited experience I think it is perfect.
I think on my next build when I have more experience riding I would consider a slightly smaller foil. And may be a slightly shorter mast, because I hope to eventually be able to control my altitude better.
I have not experimented with angle as noted above by FlyingBob.

Hi DuneSurfer,

I havenā€™t moved with my build. Iā€™m hoping to get a propulsion unit from VEFoil, but that is taking some time. I chose this one because it was big, so It would lift at low speeds and be easy to learn how to steer. I do believe others could offer more performance, but Iā€™ve never done it before so slow is ok for me! I went with 80 cm, to give me enough height, so I wouldnā€™t skim the water by accident.
Good luck with your choices,
Matt

Great thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Iā€™m going ahead and ordering one. Excited to get going with the build and eventually on the water.
Cheers

So after 10 minutes on my Chinese foil, I now have a bent mast! Clearly they did not use the right aluminium! The only upside is that the mast is compatible with slingshot so a new mast isnā€™t too priceyā€¦