Chinese hydrofoil for efoil?

Hi. I run with this wing and work like a charme

1 Like

Perfect! I like that the setup comes with a large and small wing for a great price!

Also got around to making a small test stand for the foil. Took me awhile but finally came up with the easiest & cheapest way to do it!

Used the wing threads to mount a piece of aluminum channel to and just c-clamped the channel to the boat lift. That way I could raise and lower it in i had to check anything or later on when I begin testing multiple prop configurations.

Anyways when adjusting the max phase current to 120A the motor ran full out with no issues at all (roughly 10,000 RPM measured)

When max phase currents were set to 150A the motor could not maintain consistency with erratic pulses in the RPM kinda like it was hesitating briefly

Felt like a 2-stroke motor fighting to keep going on an empty tank

1 Like

Really nice test setup. Does this have any force or thrust measurement capability. I was thinking of something similar and integrating a hinge and a load cell to measure force. You are way ahead of me so far though.

Not yet but the lift frame is able to pivot 3 to 4 inches in both directions. So I think I have an old luggage scale at home that I would like to fix to one of the canopy supports so see what kind of thrust I’m getting.

Not the most precise method but should work for comparisons

How about efficiency? do you have a log to compare?

Hi. @23kph, ~30amp with 12S

2 Likes

I am now a proud owner! And cant wait to try it out

Not bad, with which front wing? They also have 30” front wing I am thinking to add 30” wing to my purchase also

I have try both. With the big you can from 16kph but to much lift and drag for high speed. With the smaller one, fly from 18kph and wirk very well to! I have just print a small parts to change a little bit the angle of the from wing. I can share it if you want!

1 Like

30" wing is included with the jet track 2020

True, I missed that. Are you happy with 26" mast? they have 34" mast also

that will be great! they also have free shipping for US and Canada!

What are these wings made out of? A full foil set for 289$ including shipping is crazy cheap! It’s almost the price of a Lift tail wing lol

Do you mind sharing the part you mentioned?

I got mine today. Mast and fuselage are aluminum. The wings are some kind of injection molded plastic.

1 Like

Can you share some pictures?

I am curious about he crazyfly 2020 wings. How are they flying for you? I want one wing for cruising at speed and another I can play in boat wakes. Think this combo will work?

It would be great if owners of crazyFly share some photos and reviews here.

I ordered a set. Will post a review once I have a chance to try both wings. I can create a new thread since they are Canadian.

3 Likes

Here is a new thread I created for it. It is Canadian, not Chinese and it may or may not be part of my new build thread:

1 Like