Cheap DIY waterproof connectors

Just wanted to share my design for waterproofing bullet connectors, since I didn’t see anything quite like it on these forums.

output

Each side has a hose barb adapter and some adhesive-lined heat shrink. The middle is flexible vinyl tubing (0.5" ID.)

Overall this is a very low-cost solution (About $2 total, not including the bullet connector) and seems to work quite well.

The parts I linked are compatible with 8-10 AWG (8 AWG needs the fitting to be drilled out slightly) and up to 8mm bullet connectors. I’ve tested it with 8mm and 6mm (XT150) bullet connectors.

14 Likes

I like that.

I may try with some Anderson power pole connectors

Pretty slick. How are they holding up with the heat, humidity, and vibration inside the board?

Replacing the gasket on the connection of the dishwasher hose and siphon, I thought that this connection could make a cheap waterproof connector.

1 Like

1 Like

If you fill the free space with epoxy resin, you may succeed!

5 Likes

Anatoly,
Those connectors look nice. Do you have a link or model number?
thanks

2 Likes

I use these connectors for my balancing leads (no BMS), they are also waterproof when not connected.

2 Likes

Just signed up only to tell you this is the best fucking thing I’ve seen in a while. Really fucking good idea

Thanks a thousand times :pray: Looking forward to actually using it :grin:

3 Likes