Carbon wings optimized profile for e-foils now available

Tested another chinese wing. But this elevate efoil wing from rlboards.com is much more efficient and I feel that you can ride it with much higher pitch in slow speed before it stalls, compared to others.
Found out that cabratec is using this wing on their efoils too :wink:
I just love to ride it a bit less stabel so I changed the angle of attack of the stabilizer wing by -1°. Runs perfect for lightweight riders like me;-)

1 Like

I have those wings at home. They look really high quality. I will pair them with FR motor system. I will test them in few feeks I hope and will write here how do they ride.

2 Likes

Hi,
i did the exact opposite, i had to tilte the back wing up to have the stability i was searching for.

The efficiency is awesome (im 68kg), zero noise.

For me the drawback is the width when you have to carry it.

Yes those efoil wings from rlboards.com work fine, are great quality at a good price…

Just want to inform that we are developing another efoil2.0 wing at the moment. With this wing we are foiling at about 7-800W which was our goal to achieve… but this wing will not be available for builder till October…
But it gives us the possibility to bring back another power system. 3 years ago we started with the jet impellers. And additionally to our elevate add on System we are working on an “all-in-one jet system”. we are confident to have it ready this autumn and foiling should get possible with it at about 1500-1700Watt!

1 Like

Does it mean a larger wing at reduced speed ? I don’t mind a reduced speed as I am looking for a longer autonomy in order not to recharge too often :wink: Can you announce more than 1h30 battery life with this front wing ?
Have you tested the tandem set-up, that are two wings with positive lift (could be two identical 600cm2 = 1200cm2 front wings) to experience a different stability but with far less drag ?

If that was data with above wing, that would mean an important loss of efficiency.
AIO closer in size to the Scubajet or to the @Frage big cigar ?

Yes the new wing has a span of about 80cm. …And yes optimum speed for this wing is about 20km/h , you can go 30 but then it looses it`s efficiency… But this wing is a milestone in terms of efficiency for all efoils and for wingfoils as well:wink:
Impeller will always be less efficient than prop but as all in one design. We are working together with scubajet and beside efficiency it has big advantages as well. Just click it on every mast and go efoiling…real plug &play…how simple is that? :heart_eyes:

Is it possible to know which projected surface you have chosen ?

Until the next generation batteries hit the market (Lithium-Sulfur for ex. S2 2020 at best) won’t you have a riding time (autonomy) issue due to lack of battery volume (=capacity) ? I don’t know many people who would invest 1500+€ for 15min ride and 1 hour recharge.

Not yet but we can show it in September, and it will be available for DIY at around 229€ via rlboards.com
Dont forget the 1500€ is for complete set that could change your present foil board to an efoil... And extra batteries will be around 400€ .. you can just exchange them in about 30seconds... Nothing easier on the market yet, dont you think so?

1 Like

All this looks promising. Looking forward to reading more specs !:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So whats on offer for the $1500?

Sorry you have to read the whole thread. So far we are only offering mast+prop unit + electronics (remote, motor controller a.s.o) for 2499€ (80x45x16cm,weight 8kg, thrust 40kg, power needed to foil at 20km/h (80kg rider) is below 1Kw see pictures below)
Above we stated that we are working on impeller jet drive again (as we did 3 years ago).
Because we think as “click on system” on your present foil this would be perfect.
Our goal is to have this engineered together with scubajet at the end of this year for about 1500€. This would be affordable and super easy for every surfer. Just click on and ride a wave, then add some power to go back for the next wave:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Perfect, don`t you think so?

But for now only above prop set is available as “Add on plug &play Kit” and if you need, the inflatable board with EAC (electronic accessory compartement) is available too.

Elevate_rocks-inflatable-klein

5 Likes

Hello
Where can I buy the flatable board for DIY?
It was nice for my next project.
Greetings frank

contact e-foil@elevate.rocks

www.elevate.rocks

Or loads on alibaba which are cheaper!

But no box so far and that takes some time to build.

Oh yes you can get the boxes too now, we released all parts now for DIY`er :wink:
www.elevate.rocks

1 Like

Thanks and that’s the difference to the sellers on ali, they only sell the board.

Any chance you would be willing to release the model for the foil wing for further design/CFD analysis @ELEVATE.rocks ?

You can get the wings in high quality carbonfibre directly from info@rlboards.com :wink:
Or do you mean you want 3D CAD step file of it?

I mean a CAD file - if you are happy to share! Would be awesome to be able to analyse and/or modify the design :slight_smile:

1 Like