Can't make my Electronics to work

I need to ask for help since i can’t get nothing to work.
Not sure what i am doing wrong. Can’t make the motor to work. Already tested with 2 ESC’s … same issue. Nothing makes the engine beep or anything. Only Light i see is the power on the receiver. Either than that… no activity at all. Any clues what i can be doing wrong?

My material to test:
1 6S Battery
1 SBEC
1ESC AQUASTAR 200A Sensorless
1 SSS 56104 KV420
1 Battery Low voltage and voltage check
1 receiver
1 e-skate transmitter W2

Already try all different cable combinations in the receiver. Now Power is in Bind position (Channel 3) and ESC connects to channel 1.
I know ESc should be programmed, but the usb adaptor i got doesn’t work. Can’t find the software anymore and Hobby King says there’s nothing they can do about that…Site of usb adaptor is messed up and nothing can be download from there.

I use that remote without a problem.

When you bind the remote to the receiver you have to hold the bind button on the remote and then turn the remote on with the bind button pressed.

Can you put up a close up picture of your receiver connections? might help to rule that out.

Where did you get the white housing from? is it waterproof?

There is a small screw in the remote which is adjusting the neutral gas position. You need to turn it to the neutral position for the fail safe mode of the ESC while binding. Then it could work.

Thanks Michion,
i believe the binding was done ok, because the power light goes on, when i power the transmitter. I will try to put a zoom image of connections, but i tested them in all possible combinations… nothing worked.
That white housing was my attempt to make an waterproof case for the remote. Still not finished. I will share the fusion files when finished.

Hi super,
so, if i understood properlly, the bind should have been done already connected to the esc? I didn’t do that. Should i hear any sound when rotating the screw from the motor? I understand that ESc doesn’t make any sound or has any light to make sure it’s on. At least this was i was told by hobby king. I will try that.
Thanks.

Many thanks for all the answers… I finally heard some noise from the motor, and voilá!!! it Works!
I will take a picture of the cables so i don’t forgett the right settings.

Now, I have another problem…:blush:
Playing with fail safe button. if turned too much in one way, motor starts to run… It doesn’t seem to be turning reverse. It’s probably just braking, but preessing it twice there is some movement but very brief only. Turning the transmitter off it caused the engine to start working.
But biggest issue now is that in full throtle position it starts accelerating but it stops suddenly. It does this every time. Starts picking up speed and stops…

New information:
It’s not only in full throtle… even at low speed, there seems to be a timing somewhere. Motor stops after 4 or 5 seconds.
Any clues?

Also i found that to bind, the power cable needs to be reversed. Is this normal?

It sounds like you are putting the power lead where you should be putting the bind plug. Just use the bind plug and ESC channel 1 to bind. Not the power cable.

I understand, but without the power, i can’t see any lights in the receiver. Cable from esc doesn’t seem to have power…

In order to Bind i need to connect power from SBEC to channel 2.

Binding

Motor Power issue

When you bind it you need to remove the bind plug to complete the process. i think i remove the plug before I take my finger off the bind button on the remote.
I dont use channel 2 when i bind. mine seems to work with just the esc and bind plug on a upto flier 320 esc.

lots of other people have problems with theses remotes so maybe try a few other forums to see if someone has had the same problem. good luck.

Thanks Michion,
after so many attempts and try… i ended burning the receiver… Not sure if the power issue i was experiencing was due to a bad receiver… Now i need to order a new receiver…

Do you have arduinos laying around? Then you could use one as test input to the esc to keep playing around with your setup while you wait for the receiver to arrive.

Unfortunately I never played with arduinos… need to invest on that…

If you have only tiny programming knowledge it is totally doable, only need to connect two wires to the arduino (GND and Signal from ESC) and then the ESC can be controlled like a servo, there even exist libraries that wrap everything so you just need to specify the pin you connected the ESC signal wire to, specify min and max puls length depending on ESC type and then set the motor speed as you like:

#include <Servo.h>
#include "ESC.h"

/* This example shows how to use an ESC controller that can go
 * only forward
 */
ESC esc;

void setup()  { 
    esc.attach(9);
    esc.setSpeed(30);
    delay(1000);
    esc.setSpeed(0);
    delay(1000);
    esc.setSpeed(35);
    delay(1000);
    esc.setSpeed(0);  
} 

void loop()  { }
1 Like

Hi…as per my experience when you bind the remote to the receiver you have to hold the bind button on the remote and then turn the remote on with the bind button pressed.There is a small screw in the remote which is adjusting the neutral gas position. You need to turn it to the neutral position for the fail safe mode of the ESC while binding.

circuit card assembly

Try youtube theres propably some binding videos where its Used in esk8. Or the esk8 forum