Boot Düsseldorf 2020

Make a 3D scan (tomography not laser) and you will get a STEP for milling - if you have a good product you will be copied.

Is this also FR?

I totally agree, we are also using grease. So why are they using oil when they can just put some grease fo easier maintenance ? Plus, oil still represents a leakage danger…

Yes you are right. I guess we’ll see in the coming months.

Seems pretty close to it. I assume it is. David is selling his motor & prop combo like little breads lol

Alright, we’ll see what’s inside then. Thx for the feedback !

The idea is just to lubricate the shaft to reduce the wear on the seal as per SKF reconnections:

I have run motors grease and others with corrosion X and found very little difference.

If you fill the chamber to 50% with oil you can be sure it’s everywhere - the grease is thrown away from the hub.

But it is also a indicator that your seal is not working :sunglasses:

1 Like

CNC marine propellers for mass production is simply crazy. Nobody does it unless numbers are very small and reselling price outstandingly high. Aluminum casting, nylon&glass fiber injection molding… these are the way to go and Chinese producers knows it. Aluminum casting then needs some machining to finalize the product which could make it look CNC’ed but it’s not

It all depends on how many you want to make. David has sold just over 1000 props.
I know it doesn’t take him very long to cut them with his machines (around 15mins to rough cut the prop)

15minutes sound quite fast machining, surely a good cam with smart fixture on a 5 axis mill can help, but the more sensitive part is the finishing of both sides. Like I said: at 150Euro per piece, you still have margin for CNC. I don’t think CNC in China you’ll save that much, though… Outboards and commercial props are rarely CNC’ed

Yeah he runs big Haas machines which absolutely power through aluminium. So it’s worth his while to cnc them. He also has some injection moulding done somewhere on other parts, bit I’m not sure if he does it or gets it done elsewhere.

And many hours to get a smooth surface :+1:

No, with a big machine you can smooth incredibly fast. David is an excellent machinist.

Efoil Motorcycle :thinking:

1 Like

Hello,
the project is very time consuming and i am doing my best to make it real, i took some holidays after working on this project for nearly 2 years and a half.

Our test motors are very promising but we are still searching for reducing length and wait, and more important make disassembly easy… And source best quality parts which is very difficult.

I will keep you posted

cheers

1 Like

How do you balance on that also weight shifting?

no problem with weight
as in the example

1 Like