BMS high current

Yes I had no problem with this app

I have the bms now connected to the batterie.
What value do you use for balancing?
default is 0,002

These are my actual Settings.

So @overdrive Did you get your bms set up right? Cause Iā€™m at this point and thereā€™s so much possible stuff to set upā€¦

Or if any of you have any adviceā€¦

Thank you

If you click on each categories, a small description will display! There are only a couple that are important. I will try to take screenshots of my settings later today but I suggest to just put some conservative values in there to start with and adjust as you get familiar with it. Iā€™ve been running this 150a smart BMS with the VBMS app with success for a while now. I went out for 5 battery cycles with the BMS on discharge and no overheating problem whatsoever. I did slap a small aluminum heatsink on it but I doubt it even needs that. I havenā€™t tested it in harsh conditions yet (long and fast rides) but Iā€™m confident it can handle it!

2 Likes

Here are my settings at the moment! I do not use the battery temp sensors but I do monitor the BMS temp when Iā€™m riding!

1 Like

Hi,

has anyone already tried to get the data from the BMS with an Arduino to display Battery status and so on on a remote controller?

3 Likes

Anyone using this BMS ? I have a 14S14P battery pack. I would ideally want to monitor my battery status with Bluetooth connection. I donā€™t know if I want BMS or not even if I know the pros / cons of both. I still believe Flite and Lift found something reliable for their batteriesā€¦

If Iā€™m using some BMS and my build 4p12s (3.7v12)
how I control that each my batteries in 4p is balanced?

Bms should do that for u during charging and discharging. It monitors each individual cell row voltage and gives or takes energy from cells to keep them equaly charging or discharging. (every cell has different internal resistance so bms has to manage flow of electricity so cells with lowest resistance dont have more cycles than higer resistance cells)

This is I understand. If I have 12s I have 12 cables which connect to each cell.
But if I have series of 12 pairs of 2 parallel cells and I still have 12 cables on BMS but already 24 batteries, so in this case BMS will control pairs not individual cells
Iā€™m asking about such situation

Cell in parallel balance them self. so no need for the bms to handle this.
therefor i will be not easy to find a bms who will have such function as you asked in your last post

Hmā€¦ maybe Itā€™s not clear for me due to language barrier.
Lets check it on example.
I have 3000mA/h 3.7v cells, 15/30A
I need battery for 12000mAh and more current

1. Iā€™m building simple battery - 12s . 12 cells in serial connection.
    In this case I buy one BMS for 12s. For each cell I have wire from BMS.

Result battery 48v 3000mAh, 15/30A

1. 4 parallel cells give me 12000mAh, 3.7v and current ~60A for set.
    If I connect 12 such set in series I will get 12000mAh, 48v, 60A
    I could use BMS for 100A and each wire from this BMS will go to set of 4 cells (one balance wire for 4 cells).

In prospective of this connection is individual cell balancing required for entire 4 cells in parallel? Because I donā€™t understand how it balanced in such connection. Or it balancing only one vulnerable last cell in paralleled connection?

Main question is - one powerful BMS or separate BMS for each 48v battery

One bms , a 12s , that will balance when charging each 12 rows of 4cells
The 4 cells will balance themseft

1 Like

Hi.

Cells hooked in parallel are one cell. The more you parallel the higher the amp hours of that cell group becomes. But, regardless of the number of cells hooked in parallel, that group performs as one cell.

Anyone thinking about building a battery needs to read up on batteries untill they understand these concepts.

Building a battery this large is very dangerous. You could burn your house or car down.

Please be careful.

1 Like

Check my link

3 Likes

Thanks guys, I know basics knowledge of this things but never work with external bms (because batteries for drones has balance cable for each cell and I have no worries about anything, just plug, follow instructions and donā€™t live charger alone). So e-bike and efoil it first experience for me with BMS, so high currencies and high charging voltage.

As a result - one 100$ smart bms will be cheaper than BMS for individual sub cell.

BMSs are extremely dangerous on a 2kw battery.

I donā€™t trust a BMS on anything. The BMS failed on my Onewheel, my electric skateboard, and even the boards like Lift and Fliteboard have had BMS issues where guys had to send their batteries back for repair because they quit working.

I removed all of the BMSs from everything I own. I donā€™t trust them.

If you do decide to uses BMS make sure to use one that is a name brand unit with lots of reviews from guys with first hand experience.

Hopefully then, when it fails youā€™ll only be swimming in, and not dealing with a huge fire.

:call_me_hand:

Do you use a BMS just for charging? Or how do you verify your 14s14p battery is balanced?