Ben Gold's Build

I would advise NOT to take it apart , we have acces to all gears , just classic break’in since it is needles bearing with plastic frame : little grease , run it off load , clean it ( grease became black very fast) , do that a couple of time until the grease stays “nice”

Hi Ben, your board looks great! I’m trying to build a board with PET Foam as the core. I would shave the PET Foam to the final shape and put one layer of glass and polyester resin. Would you be willing to share your board design? This would speed up my board construction.

Thanks in advance.

@goldy I second that. Can you share your design file? I would like to design something up too and I’d hate to start from scratch! Thanks in advance!

The Remote design would be nice to see if you would like to share that…
BR
Magnus

1 Like

this build is one of the best ive seen! starting my very soon, so stoked! how did you waterproof the motor cable entry into the mast? i would imagine water would get into the mast en add weight! thanks for the help!

Thanks :slight_smile: I have a 3d printed insert epoxied into the bottom of the mast for the water intake pickup and I have just used silicon on the side of the mast and at the top where the cables come out of the mast. I have made a video of the build process now of my MK2 version. not sure if you have seen it but here is the link. Cheers

7 Likes

I will look into getting the files sorted out to share when I get some free time. Cheers

yes i have seen the video multiple times as i was impressed with the craftsmanship!! however you didn’t show the motor cable entry. if you have picture that would be immensely appreciated. Cheers!

Sorry I couldn’t find a picture but have tried to show what I did in CAD drawings. The open cavity in the mast mount and around the mast hole is filled with silicone.

thank you so much for the help! I couldn’t figure out how I would waterproof that area, now its clear :+1:

1 Like

Hello,

cleanest build I’ve seen, congratulations.
Just discovered this forum a week ago and I am in full absorption mode, reading and learning as much as I can aiming at building an efoil of mine some day too.

What tool did you use to remove matter to put the boat hatch ? A wire cutter would have cut through the bottom of the board too.
Also, how did you drill a long and straight hole for the watercooling exhaust on the side of the board?

Best

Hi Goldy
Would you mind sharing your STL files over the propeller and motor assembly.
I found the connector you did in the motor tube interesting.
Im also interested in the Remote assembly and what parts you used. Please include software if possible.
Have a nice day.
Br
Magnus

2 Likes