Anyone selling a complete e-foil close to or in the netherlands?

Does anyone know a high temperature and high speed grease… because I think that the so-called lifetime greasing of NEUGART PLE is not made for such high rotations… and therefore such hot temperatures…
What do NEUGART gearbox users think?

I asked Neugart EU and it seems that you have to choose low temperature lubricant as an option to be able to run the gearbox with input speed up to 18k rpm. I then asked Neugart about which grease might be used for maintenance, they gave me following :
ISOFLEX TOPAS L 32, L 32 N from Klüber Lubrication

Which is a super expensive lithium grease :smile:. I now have a standard gearbox and a second one like mentioned before with low temperature lubricant. I will change the grease with this one when needed (Neugart use this one too actually)

58 euros for 370g! https://euro-industry.com/main.php?index=details&cat=1298&prod=23205932&lang=fr
Where did you buy it? Do you have to fill all the spaces in the gearbox with it?

My Neugart original PLE040-003-SLSA3AA-T8 already comes with this grease. You can see the low lubricant option with the “L” (EDITED) as second letter from “SLSA3AA”. I bought it for 311€ VAT + shipping included.
As a new gearbox, I didn’t changed the grease yet, but will after 20-30h of running time I guess. Lithium grease is indeed really expensive, but at least you guys also know what type of grease is used in the Neugart series without spending another 50€ + on this option :smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand why put a low temperature grease when the gearbox heats up a lot with rotation…

This is a special grease. Not only it can maintain good properties under low temperatures, it still can be usable for up to 130°C :slight_smile:
Plus, this is what Neugart use, and I read somewhere in the forum that this is what Neugart said if you want to run it to max mechanical speed :smile:

Ha okay, thank you for that detail.
The reference of my gearbox is PLE040-005-SSA3AA-T8 so normally I have the standard grease…

You are missing one S but yes, you have standard grease. You should have SSSA3AA :wink:

Yes indeed SSSA 3AA… thank you . The NEUGART FRANCE technical sales representative is supposed to call me tomorrow

Cool, keep us posted !

1 Like

The NEUGART France adviser phoned me and put me in touch with KLUBER France, which after having found as much information as possible about the use of the gearbox in our field must give me an answer on the ideal grease to use and also the quantity to use.
Still, he advised me not to use low temperature…
I sent your pictures @Fabien_n
It might be a good idea to open a MAINTENANCE OF THE PLE40 REDUCER post, rather than polluting your post…

Why can’t you use low temperature grease ? It’s basically the same grease with enhanced performance on low temperature and even higher ones

In fact the viscosity of low temperature grease is not made for the high rotational speeds that our motors provide.
The commercial technician advises me to use KLUBER GE44 grease and to fill the planetary gearbox to 1/3.

1 Like

Hi! Ok I’ll create a new post for this discussion! I will receive some small parts to repair my gearbox in afew days.A pro advised me this grease

a lithium grease that can hold high temperature at a decent price

This exaclty the same performance as the Klüber one I posted above :smile:
Lithium grease -30°C / +140°C (even if the Klüber one might go till -60 haha)

It is not so much the temperature range that is important as the ability of the grease to maintain its viscosity at high speed and therefore high temperature.
Afterwards I think that a winter and annual maintenance is required for our DIY boards…
Checking the internal condition of the gear unit, SPI seals, O-rings, thermal tab…

1 Like

I use gear Öl from scooter.
80W90 in all my gears from Neugart and Alpha
Greetings Frank

1 Like